Appointment Status: Tenure Track
Department: IU East School of Business and
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University,
offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio and beyond a
broad range of bachelor's degrees, selected master's degrees, and
certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond,
off-campus sites, and online program options.
Indiana University East challenges students to grow intellectually
and personally in a supportive and scholarly environment where
faculty teaching skills and participation in the creation and
dissemination of new knowledge and artistic work enhance learning
opportunities for all.
Indiana University East values a diversity of backgrounds,
experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty,
staff, and students. The campus is dedicated to being a strong
partner in enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic
development of the region it serves through community and civic
engagement. Learn more about IU East.
Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, invites applications for an
anticipated full-time, tenure-track faculty position in
Accounting/Taxation, Assistant or Associate Professor, for the
academic year beginning January 1, 2022 or August 1, 2022.
Candidates for all full-time positions must demonstrate a strong
desire to excel in teaching and provide ongoing support for student
success, in and out of the classroom. Online delivery of programs
is an increasingly important aspect of the IU East enrollment
strategy. Candidates for tenure-track positions must also have an
interest in building a sustainable program of research, scholarship
and/or creative activity. The School of Business & Economics is
hiring several Doctoral-qualified faculty as part of our strategy
to achieve AACSB accreditation. H-1B sponsorship is not available
for this position. Learn more about the School of Business and
Characteristic Duties and
- Teach online and face-to-face introductory and advanced
accounting courses in a BS Accounting program.
- Serve as the primary instructor for managerial accounting
classes; may teach a variety of other accounting classes, including
AIS or auditing. May coordinate internships.
- Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly, and effectively.
Use methods, materials, and technology appropriate to the subject
- Maintain an active program of research and scholarship.
- Manage the learning environment through keeping accurate
records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing
school and campus academic policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a professional rapport with
diverse populations within the university and community.
- Earned Doctorate in Accounting or Business Administration with
an Accounting Concentration. ABDs near completion will be
- Familiarity with US GAAP and US tax codes and practices.
- Commitment to high-quality undergraduate teaching.
- Degrees from AACSB-accredited programs are preferred.
- CPA and/or CMA certification preferred.
- Experience advising an IMA Student chapter or other student
accounting organization (Beta Alpha Psi, etc.) preferred.
Department Contact for Questions
Human Resources Generalist
Salary and Rank
Salary is commensurate with experience. The University offers an
excellent benefit package. For more information, please click
For Best Consideration Date: 09/12/2021
Expected Start Date: 01/01/2022