The Executive Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive development program designed to meet fundraising goals to support students and college initiatives. The Executive Director will provide vision, leadership, strategic direction, and administrative oversight of the Foundation and its staff. This position will provide dynamic leadership, vision, and strategic direction for fundraising, alumni relations, and external relations with the guidance of the College President and Foundation Board.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the Foundation with energy and focus that supports and guides the Foundation’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and direct a comprehensive development program for the College, including the cultivation and stewardship of corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Develop and direct a variety of fundraising strategies which include major gifts, planned giving, private industry & foundation solicitations, and annual fundraising.
- Increase the number and level of gifts to the Foundation based on annual targets/goals.
- Provide leadership to work collaboratively with the campus community to engage administrators, staff, and faculty to prioritize their fundraising needs and engage in fundraising activities.
- Oversee preparation of Foundation Board agendas, minutes, policies, and reports in consultation with the College President and Foundation Board Chair.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Foundation, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and bi-monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Accountable for the fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Support the Foundation Board in the recruitment and retention of Board members, including cultivation of prominent members of the community and alumni.
- Develop strategic and annual operating plans for the College Foundation and its fundraising programs and activities.
- Work closely with the Foundation Board Chair to coordinate the work of the Board.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Foundation operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The position reports to the College President.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) or more years of experience serving in a management position of a foundation or non-profit organization.
- Experience working with boards, volunteers, and a wide range of constituents.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in foundation program content areas, strategy consulting, advising, and/or strategy implementation.
- Verifiable track record in security major and planned gifts.
Salary and Appointment:
- This is a permanent, full-time Administrative/Exempt position. Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual salary of $100,000.00-$105,000.00.
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- Accrues 8 hours per month of sick leave and 14.67 hours per month vacation leave.
*Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
- Full-time employees may qualify for Washington State Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML) benefit.
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Friday April 21st, 2023 at 5:00 pm. Position open until filled.
How To Apply
A completed application consists of an online application and:
Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
Diversity statement that demonstrates a commitment to pluralism and the ability to support a diverse workplace and educational environment.
Unofficial transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts are required prior to the official start date.
List of five recent professional references with contact information.