- Washburn University
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Teacher Education, Health & Medicine, Nursing, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Title: Lecturer Medical/Surgical
Advertised Pay: Salary commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications submitted by April 12, 2023
Position Summary: Washburn University School of Nursing invites applications for the position of Nursing Lecturer beginning August 1, 2023. This position is a 9-month full-time Lecturer appointment. General teaching focus will be medical/surgical nursing including classroom, clinical, lab, and simulation.
• Teach in the traditional classroom environment (face-to-face) utilizing an online learning management system.
• Work with other nursing faculty to plan, organize, and teach appropriate content in the BSN program that aligns with the AACN Essentials (2021), adheres to the Kansas State Board of Nursing (KSBN) requirements, and reflects the mission of the SON.
• Engage in fair, timely, and equitable grading of student assignments, including evaluation of student performance.
• Provide direct oversight of student learning at clinical sites and assist with simulated learning experiences, both in-person and virtual simulation software.
• Participate in the advising process with students to support student success.
• Fulfill service expectations associated with appointment as a lecturer by engaging in service activities in the school, university and profession.
• This is a nine-month, non-tenure track appointment as a Lecturer with possible conversion to tenure track after three years. A completed doctorate is necessary for tenure-track appointment.
• If the position is converted to a tenure-track appointment, and the incumbent is hired into the tenure track position, the professor will be responsible for fulfilling all expectations associated with a tenure-track appointment, including scholarship and teaching workload as outlined in the faculty handbook.
• A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). If not completed at time of application must be completed by 9/1/2023
• Three years of nursing practice experience
• Demonstrated commitment to developing inclusive teaching practices that engage students from diverse backgrounds
• Licensed in Kansas as an RN by August 2023 (Active, unencumbered Kansas nursing license)
• CPR certified
Official Transcripts required at time of hire
• DNP, PhD
• Experience teaching undergraduate nursing education
• Experience with simulation
• Experience with student advisement
• Current pattern of service to professional organizations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload a cover letter and CV as instructed on the application. The cover letter should address all required and preferred qualifications. Contact information for three current professional references will be collected as part of the application form.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr. Debbie Isaacson at 785-670-1531 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the School of Nursing, please visit http://www.washburn.edu/main/nursing/index.html
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email email@example.com or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert