Director,Enrollment Management (Phoenix)
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director,Enrollment Management (Phoenix)
Job ID: 607139
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
***This position is open to current regular, benefit-eligible Admissions employees ONLY. (Temporary employees, student workers, variable-hour benefit-eligible employees, and other non-regular employees are not eligible to apply).***
This position is located in the Phoenix, AZ
- Travel required
- Is required to work some evenings and weekends on a seasonal basis.
The Director for Enrollment Management, Enrollment Management, University Admissions, UA, Arizona Recruitment will provide leadership, direction, supervision, and implementation of a comprehensive recruitment strategy that is continuously assessed and refined and consistent with the goals, mission, and resources of the university. The Director will work directly and collaboratively with EM Communications Team, EM Analytics & Assessment, Student Services Center, Scholarships and Financial Aid, Housing and Residence Life, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and other institutional leadership to advancing the university's mission.
Unit Management - 40%
- Supports and upholds the university's stated mission and values.
- Implements the institution's enrollment plan for all campuses,
including oversight for the recruitment and admission efforts for
all student populations and for specific degree seeking populations
including first-generation, multicultural, non-traditional,
transfer, and graduate students.
- Counsels, guides, and advises prospective students and families in the completion of complex admission and financial aid forms, admission requirements, transfer guidelines, cost of attendance, financial aid programs, and various other student and enrollment related services, programs and opportunities.
- Develops and supervises recruitment programs of the highest quality
- Promotes cooperation, collaboration, and partnerships with other institutions, including high schools, community colleges, and four-year institutions.
- Reviews, develops, maintains and administers policies and procedures related to recruitment, transcripts, and admissions evaluation.
- Collaborate in the execution of application processes, creation and evaluation of student records, and resolution of issues/concerns of internal and external constituents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand institutional, state, and federal financial aid policies and practices to ensure obtainment of strategic enrollment goals.
Strategic Planning and Data Analytics - 20%
- Assists VP - EM and AVP - EM in initiating efforts to evaluate and develop new initiatives to increase enrollment or to meet objectives. Consciously considers recruitment and admission strategies to both increase yield of current prospective student populations and expand into new student populations, including participating in identifying emerging markets.
- Assists VP - EM and AVP - EM in establishing strategic goals and objectives for University Admissions.
- Collaborates with EM Analytics and Assessment in goal setting, monitoring recruitment efforts, and enrollment goals.
- Leverages the use of technology to streamline processes.
- Ensures the effective integration of CRM and other data with directed marketing/communications strategies through the use of data analytics.
Personnel Management / Budget - 20%
- Manages staffing and operations for multiple University
Admissions recruitment and orientation teams
- Oversees the effective use of technology and human resources in all departmental functional areas to increase efficiency, productivity, and service to internal and external constituents.
- Assesses and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of functional area programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provides professional development opportunities for department staff.
- Utilizes vendors and external products to enhance the university's recruitment effort and develops and maintains relationships with vender/product representatives.
- Assists AVP - EM in management of the Admissions state and local operating budgets.
Support Department and Division Priorities - 15%
- Collaborates with:
- High Schools throughout the state of Arizona
- Sister institutions
- University departments and community colleges to integrate pathways from two-year colleges and other institutions to NAU programs.
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to coordinate financial aid strategies to further recruitment and admissions goals and institutional priorities.
- Academic Affairs leaders to promote enrollment management as a comprehensive, integrated approach toward improving student recruitment and retention.
- The Graduate College and the Center for International Education to coordinate and integrate recruitment and admissions strategies for graduate student and international student populations.
- Represents the department on various committees, work groups, and employee forums.
- Stays current on local, regional, and national trends pertaining to area of assignment.
¿Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree AND,
- 5-7 years of experience with progressive responsibility in enrollment management and/or admissions, AND
- 3-5 years demonstrating understanding of the primary functional areas of admissions and experience managing staff
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Master's degree or doctorate in a Higher Education or related degree/field, AND
- Demonstrated recruiting, enrollment and admissions experience serving first-year freshman and transfer populations; traditional, non-traditional and online populations; and undergraduate and graduate populations, AND
- Extensive experience managing large department of staff with several functional areas, AND
- Extensive experience with data analytics, including compiling and analyzing data from CRM, data warehouse, and/or other enterprise information systems, AND
- Detailed understanding of functionality and processes related to PeopleSoft and CRM systems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of current higher education industry use of technological tools, standards of service, and operational oversight of parallel positions at peer institutions.
- Knowledge of principles of programs, policy implementation, and department administration.
- Knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles.
- Knowledge of higher education law, including FERPA, Title IX, HIPAA, etc.
- Knowledge of, and ideally experience with, federal, state, local, Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR), accrediting agency and university legislation, regulations or guidelines related to recruitment, admissions and enrollment.
- Knowledge of National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) policy.
- Knowledge of and good judgment in matters of policy and procedures.
- Detailed understanding of the processes to capture and manage student records in an enterprise student system.
- Experience using analytics and data analysis to support decision making and goal setting.
- Computer and technology literacy in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, and other university information technology.
- Budget development and fiscal management skills.
- Program development and execution.
- Superior communications skills and the desire to communicate EM / UA vision and goals to all levels.
- Effective communication skills with students, faculty, staff, administration and community members.
- Compelling presentation skills in large group settings such as Discover NAU or Orientation (on campus or off campus).
- Effective team work skills, including exceptional interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Effective management skills including adherence to high ethical and performance standards and a capacity to motivate and inspire while holding team members accountable.
- Proficiency in managing relationships with employees, peers, supervisors and stakeholders.
- Skill in communicating and collaborating with diverse faculty, administrators, support staff, and students.
- Superior leadership ability.
- Ability and desire to act as a “change agent” to effectively transform functions, processes and goals as needed to meet or expand goals or objectives.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple concurrent projects.
- Builds & sustains complex teams.
- Possesses strong leadership practices.
- Possesses strong problem solving, organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Motivates and empowers staff and facilitates communication across individuals and teams.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $$95,809. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of the pay period following election. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following election.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
April 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607139&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert