Director, Undergraduate and Graduate Career Center
- Golden Gate University
- San Francisco, California
- Depending upon qualifications and experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Career Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Title: Director, Undergraduate and Graduate Career Center
Department Name: Undergraduate and Graduate Career Center
Position Reports To: Dean of Students
FLSA STATUS: Salaried
Salary Range: Depending upon qualifications and experience
Benefits: The University's comprehensive benefits program
Days & Hours: Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Standard work schedule is 9:00 am to 5:30 PM, may be adjusted. Flexible schedule may require evening and weekend hours during peak periods. This position requires in-person physical presence on campus with an opportunity to work remotely.
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Oversee the staff and operations of the Undergraduate and Graduate Career Center, which serves Golden Gate University, including the School of Undergraduate Studies, Ageno School of Business, Braden School of Tax, and School of Accounting. Ensure that students and alumni in all schools receive high quality career guidance and access to professional opportunities. Collaborate with other staff and faculty on programs and ideas on how best to support our students. Develop strategy to connect with community partners and employers.
- Provide strong leadership and management to the Undergraduate and Graduate Career Center by establishing trust, joint accountability, and a work environment where a team can thrive and successfully serve students.
- Initiate plans and execute multiple career related events involving students, faculty, staff, alumni, employers, and student government including annual career fairs and other on-campus recruiting programs including information sessions, industry nights, and additional employer events.
- Provide career counseling and coaching (including self-assessment) to students and alumni on an appointment and drop-in basis. Administer and interpret assessment instruments including MBTI, Strong Interest Inventory, CareerLeader, Skill Scan, and values inventories.
- Develop, promote, and deliver seminars, in person and online, to students and alumni on strategic career management, professional networking, self-marketing, career advancement, resume-writing, interviewing, job search, and other career planning and professional development topics.
- Collaborate across the University to establish a comprehensive plan to connect with technology, tax, and business communities in San Francisco.
- Attend external events to promote the University and establish deep ties to technology, tax, and business communities.
- Serve on local panels relating to career development and the steps needed for students to succeed.
- Advise employers on ideal methods to recruit GGU students and educate them on the value of participating in GGU internship programs, hiring GGU interns, as well as the benefits of participating in career fairs.
- Track student participation in office services. Gather and report program statistics, satisfaction, and needs. Identify and report on general and school-specific trends and summarize information into annual report.
- Collect and analyze employment statistics for the University and NACE.
- Continually evaluate coaching methods, programming, and overall strategy to determine changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with faculty and administrators to develop methods to more effectively engage and support students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education requirement:
- Masters Degree in a related field.
- Years of experience:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience required. 8 to 10 years related experience preferred.
- Direct job-related requirements:
- Ability to develop a vision and build a strategy around how students develop successful careers.
- Proven leadership experience in motivating and organizing a staff.
- Prior experience developing and leading career related programming related to application materials and interviewing, networking, and employer knowledge.
- Experience hiring and managing staff and managing a department budget.
- Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of the relevant employment markets and hiring practices in addition to job search techniques and best practices of career development.
- Skills in motivating and properly encouraging students to reach their full potential.
- Customer service mindset with strong empathetic abilities especially as it relates to the difficulties around students navigating a complex job market.
- Superior coaching skills and demonstrated experience advising students on career development.
- Strong skills and experience cultivating employer relationships and methods around building a successful external relations program.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Prior experience with diverse populations in an academic environment.
- Experience with online and adult student learners strongly.
- Prior experience managing a college career center.
To apply: Please go to http://www.ggu.edu/jobs to submit an application, letter of interest, and a resume.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check.
Golden Gate University is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g., family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all especially women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert