Open Until Filled
Senior Associate Director
Department this Position Reports to
Director, Center for Professional Development
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Senior Associate Director
in the Center for Professional
development will lead day-to-day operations, help steer
departmental strategies, support goal setting for the office and
oversee signature engagement initiatives designed to increase
support for undergraduate students. The role integrates and
promotes the offerings of the Center for Professional Development
in alignment with the work of student affairs, academic
departments, and national best practice standards.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Masters plus 6 or more years' experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
• Masters plus six years’ career development and programming
experience or equivalent combination of education and
• Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging career
coaching, career programming and college-level hiring trends
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven project management and time management skills
• Experience applying analytics to evaluate and improve
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
undergraduate student population
• Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, collaborate and
contribute as a positive team player.
• Commitment to working occasional evening and weekend hours as
• Ten years of professional experience in career coaching and
• Demonstrated success implementing new career-related
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Monica Wilson, Director, Center for Professional Development
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or
remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against
COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from
vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and
Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of
employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the
first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
• Supervises the work of Associate Directors to ensure coaching and
employer relations efforts are integrated, organized, efficient,
and aligned with the needs of our diverse student population.
• Directs the day-to-day planning, staffing, implementation, and
troubleshooting of department activities.
• Ensures consistent assessment of all departmental activities,
including new initiatives.
Percentage Of Time
• Manages and continually develops the Student Employee/Ambassador
program for the office.
• Leads systematic development and implementation of alumni and
family engagement initiatives.
Percentage Of Time
• Collaborates with senior leadership on departmental vision,
goals, and strategies.
• Incorporating knowledge of hiring trends and best practices,
guides termly programming and resource development.
• Ensures and supports ongoing staff professional development and
• Oversees the department in the absence of the Director.
Percentage Of Time
• Creates and monitors policies, procedures, outreach activities
and internal communications to systematize and streamline office
• Organizes and updates departmental records and resources for
internal and external use.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Document #1