Teaching Assistant Professor (Instructor)
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Other Science & Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Integrative Physiology (IPHY) at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applicants for a full-time, non-tenure track Teaching Assistant Professor (Instructor) to teach in its undergraduate program beginning in fall 2023. The position will be a member of the IPHY faculty and will participate in course development and assessment, faculty governance, and university service.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Department of Integrative Physiology is composed of faculty engaged in robust and highly successful research programs spanning molecules to populations. The research mission is matched by a strong commitment to innovative teaching across a broad range of disciplines to one of the largest undergraduate majors on the CU Boulder campus.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the Integrative Physiology website ( https://www.colorado.edu/iphy/ ) to understand the educational mission of the department, the specific courses that are taught in the undergraduate curriculum, and how they would specifically contribute to offering these courses.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- This position includes teaching and service.
- A successful candidate in this position will teach an equivalent of 8 courses during the academic year on the CU-Boulder campus.
- Teaching responsibilities include multiple large, in-person physiology and health-related courses including (but not limited to) Introduction to Nutrition (IPHY 2420), Introduction to Data Science and Biostatistics (IPHY 3280), and Exercise Physiology (IPHY 4650). Some supervision of undergraduates will be expected.
- This is a non-tenure track position.
- The anticipated start date of this position is August 21, 2023.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- There may be opportunities during summer sessions to teach additional courses on a per diem basis.
The starting pay for the 100% position is $58,000 - $62,000 per academic year (August-May).
There is an opportunity for relocation reimbursements up to $1,000.
In addition to a competitive salary, the University of Colorado offers gender-neutral paid parental leave; housing down-payment assistance programs; a relocation and dual career assistance program; and teaching and professional development.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be collaborative. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Candidates must have a graduate degree from an accredited institution in a related field, and teaching experience at the University level.
- A strong commitment to high-quality undergraduate education.
- Proven success teaching at the University level.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity and interest to work and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of campus partners.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in the areas of nutrition, exercise physiology, and biostatistics, and experience teaching large (100+ student) lectures. Candidates with experience in R programming languages are a bonus but are not essential.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume/CV : A current curriculum vitae.
- Cover Letter: One-page that described your interest in the position and summarizing your personal academic goals.
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy: A two-page statement of your experience and plans for teaching and student mentoring.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert