Marketing and Communications Specialist
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 29, 2023
The University of Colorado Law School welcomes applications for a Marketing and Communications Professional ! This role will collaborate on the execution of a comprehensive marketing communications strategy that regionally and nationally promotes Colorado Law's faculty, staff, students, centers, and programs. This position ensures that all program, marketing, and communications activities of the law school are consistently of the highest quality and in accordance with critical messaging priorities and branding standards.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are an engaged, diverse, and inclusive community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who help one another succeed. Our selective admissions process keeps our student body small, enabling our faculty, staff, alumni, and community to invest deeply in each student’s success. Because we take our responsibility to educate and train future lawyers very seriously, our curriculum, research centers, and experiential learning opportunities are designed to prepare students for success in today’s changing legal environment.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Coordinate and help manage the Law School’s communications to develop and distribute marketing materials for all audiences, including web, emails, e-newsletters, digital, social media, video, speaking engagements, annual reports, and providing strategic-planning for internal and external communications.
- Find opportunities to tell compelling stories in creative ways across channels and audiences that exemplify Colorado Law’s mission and strategic direction.
- Develop and coordinate print communications projects.
- Ensure all content created conforms to university brand guidelines and publishing policies, editorial style, organization, and appropriateness.
- Write, update, and maintain engaging website content.
- Create graphics to accompany social media posts, videos, events, and web content.
- Implement social media strategies to create engaging content for all social media platforms.
- Update social media channels to provide accurate and timely outreach and information to prospective students, alumni, donors, and other friends and external audiences.
- Track metrics to improve website performance and increase social media reach.
- Assist with video conceptualization, storyboarding, and interviewing, as needed.
- Assist as needed in the production of Amicus, the annual alumni magazine.
- Help to draft, edit, order, and distribute publications and collateral including the Amicus magazine, brochures, event flyers, the admissions viewbook, admitted students collateral, event programs, and thought-leader collateral.
- Coordinate with the Director and Strategic Relations and Communications to submit news items to appropriate outlets and pitch story ideas for submission to news outlets.
- Connect with Strategic Relations and Communications and campus communicators as necessary, attending communications meetings and trainings.
- Assist Director on additional projects as needed.
- Supervise student workers when necessary.
- This is a hybrid position, working both remotely and in-person.
- This position will work regular business hours with occasional evening or weekends necessary.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The salary range for this position is $56,000 to $60,000 annually.
Relocation assistance available within Colorado Law School guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be dynamic. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Business or similar field.
- One year related professional marketing and communications experience.
- Related professional work experience may substitute on a year for year basis for the degree.
- Sound project management skills and ability to plan and organize multiple projects with established budgets, deliverables, and timelines.
- Knowledge of a wide range of communications practices and tactics including research, writing, editing, integrated digital communications, social media strategy, and public relations.
- Exceptional oral communication skills.
- Highly collaborative teammate and fast learner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to dive into projects (even if they require acquisition of new skills).
- Adapt readily to changing priorities and propose/implement solutions when problems arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate professionally and cordially with students, alumni, donors, employers, faculty, staff, and other members of the community
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment which reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Two or more years of professional experience in marketing communications and the design of publications.
- Marketing and communication experience in education/university setting.
- Experience using graphic design programs, including the Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva.
- Experience using targeted email marketing programs such as Pardot.
- Experience with CRM software, including Salesforce.
- Experience with website editing platforms, such as Drupal.
- Photography and video experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 11, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert