Physician Assistant Program Adjunct
- Mount St. Joseph University
- Ohio, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
This is a pooled position that will remain open. You will be contacted if specific opportunities are available.
Program: Masters in Physician Assistant Studies
Reports To: Chairperson/Program Director Physician Assistant Studies
Academic Appointment: Adjunct Faculty School of Health Sciences
Summary: The instructional adjunct faculty are responsible for instruction and student assessment in the didactic and clinical components of the program. This may include ensuring course learning objectives and course outcomes are achieved as well as student counseling and remediation when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach in areas of expertise.
- Maintain accurate student course records and report these on a timely basis.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring to assigned students.
- Participate in ongoing Program assessment advising the Academic Director regarding programmatic or policy changes.
- Represent Program to health care community and community at large.
- Physician Assistant instructional faculty must have
- graduated from an accredited PA Program
- a Masters Degree in an appropriate field of study
- current NCCPA certification
- current license as a Physician Assistant in Ohio.
- minimum of two years clinical experience
- Non-Physician Assistant instructional faculty must have
- a Masters degree or higher in an appropriate field of study
- minimum of two years experience in subject matter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation standards
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and successful completion of a background check will be required prior to the date of hire.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert