This is a pooled position that will remain open. You will be
contacted if specific opportunities are available.
Contact hours vary according to course needs
Supports the mission of the university and the
program by providing quality education and mentorship to DPT
- Collaboratively (either with course coordinator or Dept Chair)
develops a course of instruction for students that provides the
relevant content and learning outcomes as a part of the larger DPT
- Collaborates with PT faculty to evaluate students based on
course outcomes, including but not limited to grading competencies,
practicals, documentation, and other written assignments
- Facilitates integration of theory and research in clinical
- Makes assignments relevant to course outcomes and students
- Sets up and cleans-up all lab activities
- Works with administrative assistants and student workers to
keep labs clean and organized.
- Inspects equipment prior to use and reports any problems with
equipment to lab skills coordinator and/or course instructor
- Assists with off-campus activities as needed
- Communicates with core faculty to facilitate curricular
integration and to inform advisors of student issues in their
- Attends faculty meetings as possible
- DPT OR MS + BSPT required
- Ph.D., EdD, or other advanced doctoral degree preferred
- Clinical specialization preferred
- Current Ohio physical therapy license without restrictions
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in area of
- Membership in professional organizations preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Commitment to collaborating with colleagues in other health
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the course topic.
- Serves as a professional role model for colleagues, students,
and the professional community
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with
strengths in public speaking (classroom/lab environment)
- Thinks creatively and critically
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights, or omissions.
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming
initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Is punctual and thorough in completing assigned tasks,
including being presented and prepared for class and/or lab.
- Seeks clarification or information before making decisions that
affect University and Program operations
Please upload a cover letter stating your interests and your
ability to teach day and/or night courses, your resume or
curriculum vitae, and at least three professional references.
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and
successful completion of a background check will be required prior
to the date of hire.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employe