This is a pooled position that will remain open. You will be
contacted if specific opportunities are available.
Contact hours vary according to course needs
Supports the mission of the university and the
program by providing quality education and mentorship to DPT
- Provides expertise to faculty and students related to the
practice of physical therapy in their area of expertise.
- Collaborates with PT faculty to develop labs and lab activities
that will engage student learning
- Collaborates with PT faculty to evaluate students based on
course outcomes, including but not limited to grading competencies,
practicals, documentation, and other written assignments
- Facilitates integration of theory and research in clinical
- Works with PT faculty, administrative assistants, and student
workers to set up/clean up labs as directed and keep labs clean and
- Inspects equipment prior to use and reports any problems with
equipment to the course instructor immediately
- Assists with off-campus activities as needed
- Communicates with the course instructor to facilitate
curricular integration and to inform advisors of student issues in
- DPT OR MS + BSPT required
- Clinical specialization preferred
- Current Ohio physical therapy license without restrictions
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in area of
- Membership in professional organizations preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the course topic.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with
strengths in student feedback
- Is punctual and thorough in completing assigned tasks,
including being presented and prepared for class and/or lab.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Serves as a professional role model for colleagues, students,
and the professional community
- Thinks creatively and critically
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or
- Commitment to collaborating with colleagues in other health
- Seeks clarification or information before making decisions that
affect University and Program operations
Please upload a cover letter stating your interests and your
ability to teach day and/or night courses, your resume or
curriculum vitae, and at least three professional references.
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and
successful completion of a background check will be required prior
to the date of hire.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employe