- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Grants & Contracts, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Join Us at Lake-Sumter State College Located in the heart of Florida, Lake-Sumter State College provides students with the opportunity to pursue their goals and join Florida’s dynamic workforce. We embrace our mission as a community college to increase access and opportunity for all learners in the communities we serve.
Under the leadership of President Heather Bigard, we are embarking on a bold journey to transform the ways in which we connect and educate our students while embracing our rich history of high-quality education and personalized student support services. We currently serve over 6,500 students each year and plan to grow to over 10,000 in the next several years.
The rapid growth in the Orlando metropolitan area, and particularly in our service area of Lake and Sumter Counties, is driving growth, innovation, and workforce demand in an array of industries offering high-skill, high-wage positions. By rapidly adapting and responding to this demand, Lake-Sumter State College will continue to be the premier workforce engine driving training and education opportunities in these counties.
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration , knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
Functions include developing, implementing, and monitoring the College and Foundation annual operating budgets and grant-related fiscal activities, creating forecasts and expected revenues and expenses including College-wide tuition revenue projections, and serving as the College’s liaison for complying with federal and state external reporting requirements. Facilitate fiscal decisions by using historical trends, complex performance indicators, benchmark data, and projection methodologies. Prepare monthly budget reports for District Board of Trustees meetings. Prepare and monitor monthly expense reports for budget managers. Oversee and prepare other financial and ad hoc reports related to budget and grant-related fiscal activities as directed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the annual operating budget report for submission to the State.
- Administer College budget process and conduct budget planning and development leading to the formulation of the initial operating budget; evaluate budgetary proposals, analyze performance, and formulate the basis for the development of alternative scenarios of the future prospects of both income and expense
- Prepare monthly budget reports, tuition and fee projections, and other ad hoc reports as requested by leadership.
- Prepare and monitor operating expenditure reports on a monthly basis for review by budget managers
- Provide detailed financial reports to various College and Foundation committees and officers as needed.
- Assist Foundation budget preparation and monitoring.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for various grant-related activities of the College.
- Participate in the design of systems and instructions for the preparation of budget plans, requests, and proposed operating budgets by individual budget administrators
- Support the effective and efficient operations of Financial Services by serving as a backup in other functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in developing, analyzing, and maintaining financial reports, accounting ledgers, etc., using integrated budget or accounting software;
- Combination of work experience and education will be considered.
- Higher education budget and accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and grant financial reporting and analysis, accounting and financial record keeping.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the students, businesses, civic organizations, and college community.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, enhance, and/or implement quality improvement practices, processes, procedures, or policies that have an impact on overall business operations.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel).
- Using Banner ERP financial software system preferred.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manuals related to the job tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance, and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action, and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities, and working styles
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborate with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
- Strong service orientation, and ability to effectively work as a member, or leader, of a team by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed, and considering larger organizational goals rather than individual concerns. Includes the ability to build &/or support a constructive team spirit where members are committed to the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize and successfully multitask to meet multiple deadlines and frequently new work tasks within required timeframes. Proven flexibility to successfully work on diversified projects at a fast and accurate pace.
- Effectively manage change and adaptability
- Adheres to all workplace safety rules, safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices
- Ability to work various hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends
- Ability to travel amongst various campuses and attend College events, or off-campus, as required.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert