Special Events Director- (University of Houston- Law Center) - (STA012148)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 29, 2023
Works with the Law Center Dean and Assistant Dean of Law Alumni Relations to direct campus and community outreach events for the University of Houston Law Center.
- Assists the Dean and Department of Law Alumni Relations in developing and managing Law Center events. Manages Law Center events calendar to ensure maximum impact of event timing.
- Coordinates the execution of events that support and build the Law Center brand, including faculty scholarship conferences, retirement celebrations and faculty recognition events, Jurist in Residence Programming, annual law lecture series, visits by distinguished guests, diversity programming, and programming for Centers and Institutes as needed.
- Oversees the details of the selected event, which includes creation of guest lists, program development, responses, menu planning, decor, physical arrangements, purchasing, event tracking and follow up.
- Works with Director of Events to design, develop and manage systems and practices that continuously improve the quality of Law Center events.
- Develops opportunities and relationships to promote and publicize events, which includes leveraging relationships with the university community, Law Center community and greater legal community.
- Supervises and trains office support personnel in event production/planning.
- Oversees event operations for assigned events.
- Works with volunteers, event committees, faculty and staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of education.
May Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert