- Santa Fe College
- Gainesville, Florida
- Posted Date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Please apply here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sfcollege/jobs/3979349/director-athletics?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Salary & Benefits: The starting salary for this position is $64,379.48 for the 2022-2023 fiscal year and is based on the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule and approved by the Board of Trustees. Our total compensation package also offers many college-paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Executive Managerial, Pay Grade EM3, Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 N.W. 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
This position provides leadership and oversight for the five intercollegiate athletic teams, the Fitness Center, as well as intramural sports offerings.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Manage fiscal affairs within college guidelines and resources; reallocate resources to more efficiently meet goals.
• Plan, maintain and oversee the athletic programs. Collaborate and engage in effective interdepartmental, inter-division and cross-campus communications. Develop policies and procedures for successful operations in addition to ensuring compliance with all college, state and national requirements.
• Prepare all documentation required to allow participation by our athletics teams under the Florida College System Activities Association and the National Junior College Athletics Association.
• Manage athletic facilities.
• Develop, assess and improve student and staff learning outcomes as well as program outcomes.
• Align departmental projects with the mission, goals and initiatives of the Division and the College.
• Assess the effectiveness of projects and initiatives; ensure project deadlines are met and high-quality projects are produced; use data to make decisions in the spirit of continuous improvement.
• Cultivate and maintain a culture of service excellence. Ensuring that service is courteous, informative, professional and accessible for all students, staff and community members and follow up with complainants who receive less than optimal service.
• Recruit, develop, assess, coach, and retain staff.
• Promote innovative uses of technology.
• Represent the area on various committees.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of FCSAA and NJCAA rules and regulations.
• Provides and promotes service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
Reports to: Vice President for Student Affairs
Required: Master's degree and (4) four years of experience in community college athletics.
Additional Requirements: Must possess a valid Florida Driver License and be authorized to drive for the college (Driving Requirements). A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
• Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures, collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts, identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume/curriculum vitae, as well as academic transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public.
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert