Executive Assistant, Vice President of Student Affairs
- Santa Fe College
- Gainesville, Florida
- Posted Date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Please apply here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sfcollege/jobs/3979334/executive-assistant-vice-president-of-student-affairs?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $46,626.96. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C9, Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, Student Affairs, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The Executive Assistant provides executive level administrative, technical, and managerial support requiring the use of judgment, initiative, and independent action.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Accept, screen and route telephone calls concerning activities and operations of the office and direct inquiries as appropriate.
• Manage and maintain the calendars for the Vice President.
• Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming email, telephone, and walk-in communications.
• Arrange and confirm travel accommodations, submit travel requests, and prepare travel vouchers and reimbursements.
• Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials. Follow up to ensure all designated deadlines established internally or externally are met by following up with the Vice President’s direct reports and others, as appropriate. Manage annual evaluations for staff that report directly to the Vice President, the Associate Vice President, and the Assistant Vice President.
• Monitor department budgets, supply requisitions, submit department payroll, process leave requests maintain department purchasing card, as well as preparing and distributing annual division budgets.
• Arrange meetings and conferences including scheduling, preparing meeting minutes, documentation and agenda preparation, distribution of documentation, public noticing and arranging refreshments.
• Assist in planning college and departmental special events including commencement ceremonies, Student Affairs Awards and the Student Affairs Symposium, and make arrangements to host visiting dignitaries and to plan the annual Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT) retreat.
• Supervise and oversee the activities of administrative support employees and student employees in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
• Exercise independent judgement in addressing the daily concerns of internal and external constituents; may act on behalf of the supervisor in their absence.
• Serve as liaison to stakeholders.
• Make appropriate referrals using independent discretion and judgement.
• Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Vice President, Student Affairs
Required: Associate degree and six years of clerical or administrative experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to eight years.
Preferred: Experience supporting an executive leader. Experience in an educational environment.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - Proven skills in identifying issues, developing creative solutions and options, and following through with implementing resolutions; able to make well-reasoned, sensible and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations and other factors.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader; possesses expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
• Able to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions
• Critical Thinking and Judgement – able to make well-reasoned, sensible and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations and other factors.
• Multi-task – ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert