Please apply here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sfcollege/jobs/3976454/financial-services-representative?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Application Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2023
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is $36,835 per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to the posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C5, Non-Exempt
Location: Northwest Campus 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The Financial Services Representative performs moderately complex accounting and clerical work in the preparation, processing, and calculating of student enrollment payments and registration fees. This position is responsible for monitoring student financial obligations owed to the college and the general reconciliation of a number of accounts. This position works closely with other members of the Student Financial Services team, Financial Aid, and other college departments to ensure accurate student financial accounting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform all fiscal functions related to student accounts, including, but not limited to, student and third-party payments, adjustments, and refunds, to ensure charges are billed properly and payments are appropriately applied to student accounts.
• Assist students and parents in person, on the phone, and via email concerning all student financial matters, including fee refunds, fee waivers, IRS form 1098-T, tuition collection, and financial obligations and the resolution process.
• Assist students with outside entities for the student disbursement, third party scholarship, tuition payment plan, and external collection agencies to assure proper recording of transactions.
• Set up student accounts receivable including invoicing, payment processing, and account reconciliation.
• Process holds to student accounts, student scholarship awarded through outside sources, financial aid warrants, adjustments and/or refunds to student financial accounts as needed.
• Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date records within internal and external platforms for loan payments, scholarship awards, tuition payment plans, tuition verification sheets, and collections based on the rules and policies of the college.
• Assist Bursar and other areas within the Office for Finance, other college departments and outside entities as needed.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Bursar
Required: Associate degree and (4) four years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to (6) six years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance. Prior experience working within an accounting and/or finance function. Experience working in a higher education institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, developing creative solutions and options, and following through with implementing resolutions; able to make well-reasoned, sensible and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations and other factors.
• Systems & Software – proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must complete an online application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, and unofficial college transcripts (if applicable) to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.