Staff Psychologist - Athletics
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Staff Psychologist - Athletics
Job ID: 255603
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Staff Psychologist for Department of Inter-Collegiate Athletics. Provide clinical services for student athletes. Coordinate development and delivery of psycho-educational programming to Inter-Collegiate Athletics students, staff, and coaches on topics central to the mental health needs of student athletes following NCAA and best practice guidelines.
- Provide clinical services specifically to meet the needs of student athletes, from a position largely dedicated to the Department of Inter-Collegiate Athletics.
- Maintain all relevant ethical, legal, and professional standards of practice for Psychologists in the State of Georgia
- Coordinate one or more areas of Counseling Center services as requested by Executive Director
- Maintain compliance with Counseling Center policies and procedures
- Recognizing client confidentiality, participate in interdisciplinary treatment teams to address the individual needs of students within the Department of Inter-collegiate Athletics.
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy to Georgia Southern students
- Provide crisis on-call service in rotation with other clinical staff
- Provide crisis/triage assessment and response to students
- Participate in various training programs housed within the Counseling Center
- Provide clinical supervision to practicum students and Doctoral Interns
- Provide outreach programming and consultations to campus community
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
Other Required Qualifications
- Licensure as a Psychologist in Georgia or the ability to obtain licensure as a Psychologist in Georgia within one (1) year of start date
- One (1) year of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant Certification (CMPC)
- Experience working with collegiate athletes
- Experience working in a University Counseling Center
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience with crisis intervention
- Experience with competitive athletics
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
$75,000 - $80,000
This is an exempt position paid on a monthly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
March 31, 2023
Application review may begin on March 9, 2023.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Maintain licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Georgia
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- This is a supervisory position.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours including nights and weekends
- Travel required
- Position of Trust + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=255603&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert