The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing a variety of
activities associated with a major new National Science Foundation
(NSF) award. The award is for a project titled “Multiscale RECIPES
(Resilient, Equitable, and Circular Innovations with Partnership
and Education Synergies) for Sustainable Food Systems.” The Project
Manager will have a wide set of responsibilities, including budget
planning and oversight, event planning, communications, and
strategic visioning. The position entails work with faculty and
staff across American University and at a variety of partner
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Under the direction of the project PIs, manage and facilitate
project activities, meetings and ensure project deadlines are
- Maintain and monitor the progress of the project; assist in
documenting project phases and creating both data and written
reports. Create, organize and maintain faculty data reports.
- Develop and maintain project website. Manage the Sharepoint
site for project management.
- Assist the PIs with budget management.
- Execute communications among PIs, project work group members,
focus groups, and steering committee members; communicate with
faculty and offices across campus
- Coordinate travel for project work group members.
- Communicate with faculty and offices across campus.
Required Education and Experience
- Full time
- Coordinator/Analyst A
- This is a grant funded position with funding available through
September 2026. Start date: September 1, 2021 or as soon thereafter
- This is a union-eligible position. The union-eligibility of
individual position incumbents will be determined based on the
incumbent’s employer of record.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science or closely related
- 2-4 Years' experience in project management, data collection
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 2-4 Years' experience supporting diversity, equity, and
- Demonstrated experience with data and project management
software (e.g., Excel, Sharepoint, Smartsheet, SPSS).
- Financial management skill.
- Background in higher education work
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive.
Current American University Employees:
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at
American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU
portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which
will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University
careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its
programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: