Faculty position in information and computing technology
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University
- Qatar (QA)
- Posted Date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The College of Science and Engineering (CSE) currently offers the largest selection of programs within the university and aspires to be a leading college committed to excellence in research and education with a major emphasis on interdisciplinary research and scholarship. It has established three divisions: Division of Information and Computing Technology, Division of Sustainable Development, and Division of Engineering Management and Decisions Sciences. CSE faculty members are internationally recognized for pursuing high-impact research addressing societal and economic needs in Qatar and globally.
The College of Science and Engineering, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar (HBKU) seeks applications for a faculty position in fields related to Sustainable Energy and Environment with a strong Science or Engineering focus to join the Division of Sustainable Development.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. or terminal degree from an accredited university as required for teaching in certain fields.
- 6-8 years of relevant full-time university teaching experience in research, higher education, or closely related areas in the industry (additional experience may be required to show equivalency), with evidence of increasing professional maturity and productivity.
- Good evidence of proficiency in teaching, student supervision, and curriculum and program development.
- Research and scholarly achievements are judged competent and adequate for the rank of Associate Professor in comparison with peers active in the same field at major research universities.
- Good evidence of participation in the scholarly and academic affairs of a university or other appropriate organization, or in an appropriate professional society or organization.
- Growing portfolio of scholarly endeavors (funded research grants, publications, IP/patents, etc.) in comparison with peers active in the same field at a major research university.
- Good evidence for an increasing regional and international reputation in the scholarly discipline.
- Ability to work with and ability to include diverse groups, cultures and communities.
- Participation to develop networks and collaboration within HBKU, and with program partners and branch campuses in both teaching and research activities.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert