Associate Director of Creative Services and Multimedia
- Colgate University
- New York, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Digital Media, Film & Video, Media Studies, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Student Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence and adhere to our values:
- Thoughtful – Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
- Driven – Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of a courageous goal
- Enthusiastic – Passionate, positive, fun presence
- Cohesive – Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
- Bold – Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
The Colgate University Associate Director of Creative Services and Multimedia is responsible for the creation and effective execution of overall creative services, multimedia and video production strategy across all aspects of the athletics department, including the supervision of all operational aspects of produced on-demand video content, game day video streaming, and in-game video production. To include:
- Oversight of game day video streaming and in-game production for all streamed sports.
- Oversight of video board production and the implementation of on-demand content.
- Responsible for effective management and training of staff and camera operators.
- Ensure compliance with outlined ESPN+ broadcast standards.
- The planning and production of original video content in support of the athletics department, 25 athletic programs, and its strategic initiatives.
- The creation, oversight, and implementation of a content production and release schedule of original video content.
- Oversight of graphic design initiatives and shaping the department’s social media strategy, both for department and athletic team operated channels, within Colgate’s Athletics identity guidelines.
- Providing effective video production guidance to special events as needed (e.g.
- Colgate Hall of Honor induction, end-of-season Golden ’Gates all-sports celebration,
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day, community engagement events and initiatives).
- Budget oversight in assigned areas.
- Provision of fair and accurate input to Director of Athletic Communications and Creative Services regarding employment status (hire, promotion, salary increases, termination).
- Oversight of job performance, development and continued professional growth of direct reports.
- Specific conference
- Athletic department
- University policies
and Athletics, to be an inclusive community of competitive excellence, and for
demonstrating the division’s core values in all interactions.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
Demonstrated expertise with specialized software and hardware within video production, graphic design, and social media including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc.) Final Cut Pro, TriCaster, and BlackMagic.
Two to four years of relevant experience.
Prior experience with managing social media.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert