Administrative Asst I-MCULT
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Oklahoma, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Administrative Asst I-MCULT – 996383
This position provides secretarial and administrative support for individual staff and student organizations and mentor retention initiatives within the office. Serves as front line contact and support for student, campus community, and visitor questions; is the first face of the office new visitors see. Responsible for the functioning of the office. Initiates and manages correspondence relating to the department and programs. Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of data-related tasks such as posting and recording data. Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create presentations. Manages office resources and curates office and events calendar and contributes to social media presence. May make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature. Responsible for providing various services to students, staff, faculty, and community members such as assisting in securing needed information and documents. Responsible for helping office maintain accurate financial records for compliance.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Manage close to 40 different accounts for various organizations. Code financial purchases in PaymentNet and upload receipts to UCO. Create requisitions in Banner. Fill out paperwork for check requests. Gather OMES/W-9s, Service Agreements, Entertainment Contracts, and Guest Speaker Contracts. Track expenses on excel spreadsheets. Deposit student organizational dues per University policy. Manage University purchasing card and purchases. Manage both group and staff travel worksheets and expenses. - 40%
- Serve as front-line office support in greeting students, faculty, staff, and visitors and directing them to in-office and other on-campus resources. Create and respond to correspondence, arrange meetings, facilitate communication, manage office calendar, and maintain inventory of supplies. Work collaboratively with Director to evaluate and optimize office functions and processes including equipment check-out, storage, petty cash retrieval, filing, printing, and information management processes. - 30%
- Provide office support and work collaboratively with various student organizations, as well as staff to carry out financial planning and event management of community-building, cultural education, student success, and belonging events and programs. - 20%
- Maintain and update office social media presence. Create flyers and social media posts, post, and notify office events and information on office social media. - 10%
Requires general education or vocational training or equivalent combination of education and experience. General understanding and use of office equipment.
Qualifications/Experience Preferred :
Minimum one year experience in office or secretarial work. Minimum 40 net w.p.m. keyboarding. Experience in a higher education environment. Two years of college or secretarial certificate.
Honesty and Integrity. Demonstrate a warm and caring, service-oriented attitude. Ability to work well with others in a team environment. Demonstrate respect in interactions. Excellent telephone etiquette, communication, organizational and public relations skills. Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, read and comprehend instructions. Ability to follow instructions. Ability to operate office equipment including computers, printers, and telephone systems. Knowledge of basic office procedures and practices. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, OneDrive, Excel, and Adobe PDF
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert