- Flagler College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: To maintain the College facilities in a clean, orderly condition.
- Receives written and oral work assignments from Supervisor and obtains necessary tools and supplies from the maintenance shop.
- Performs minor repairs to building fixtures such as minor plumbing and electrical repairs, lightbulb changes and light carpentry as required.
- Performs HVAC air filters changes, lubrication and belt changes as directed by Supervisor.
- Cleans up work area when done.
- Notifies Director/Assistant Superintendent of repair supplies and materials needs.
- Moves furniture, or other college-related property as needed.
- Performs other maintenance, custodial and grounds functions as assigned.
- May be designated to specialize in such functions as Pool Operator responsible for maintaining chemical levels and checking automatic settings.
- May assist tradespersons where assistance is needed.
- Performs other college-related duties as required by the Director of Maintenance, Superintendent of Physical Plant, and the Executive Director of Facilities.
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment as needed and to practice safety precautions appropriately
- Satisfactory work record and attendance
- Valid State driver’s license and the ability to operate college vehicles
- Prior experience or aptitude for mechanical work acquired from on the job training or vocational school
- People skills and basic computer skills
- High school diploma
- Very heavy work: exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or an excess of 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions.
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the College’s Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert