Program Director, Nursing Undergraduate - Savannah
- South University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 24, 2023
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Program Director is a member of the faculty (rank commensurate with experience) who also holds an administrative appointment related to managing a specific program or programs. Responsibilities include: classroom instruction, day-to-day program operations, assisting students toward successful term-by-term progression and graduation, partnering with Campus leadership and the admissions, academic support and financial aid staff to generate a prospective student pool, partnering with the Dean of Academic Affairs and Retention to maintain program viability, and staffing the classroom with instructors who support the Mission of the University and provide a high-quality learning experience for the student. The Program Director engages in professional associations, businesses and the local community as necessary to promote the visibility and stature of the program(s). The Program Director abides by the mandates set by the South University Board of Trustees, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Academic Affairs and Retention, and the Campus Executive Committee. This is a campus based position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Perform instructional duties as assigned as outlined in the Faculty job description and in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Select and develop a Program Advisory Council (PAC) that meets at least twice per year.
- Participate in faculty development each year as required.
- Select, train, develop, manage, and lead regular and adjunct faculty according to the guidelines provided by the Dean of Academic Affairs and Retention, the Department Chair and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University/Campus.
- Partner with the campus leadership (Dean) to generate a strategic enrollment plan for the program.
- In partnership with campus leadership, develop and support a plan for outreach activities to generate a prospective student pool sufficient to sustain and grow the program, consistent with the strategic enrollment plan.
- Collaborate with academic counsellors and admissions, financial aid and student services personnel to assist with enrolling qualified students.
- Effectively administer and grow the program(s) including curriculum development, program assessment, student registration/advisement, and community and campus relations.
- Support and execute as needed University initiatives designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the University’s strategic planning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Academic Affairs and Retention (DAAR) and fellow Directors and with the Department Chair concerning scheduling, sharing faculty, curriculum and other issues to support student learning and facilitate efficient resource use.
the College Dean and
within the program
- Facilitate the submission of required programmatic reports and documentation, including graduation rates, performance on state licensing or certification examinations and employment rates.
- Support College-level initiatives and directives to maintain compliance with accreditation and state regulatory criteria and adhere to all University and campus policies and procedures. In the absence of a Department Chair, partner with the College Dean to oversee accreditation activities on his/her campus which are normally handled by the Department Chair.
- Participate in program-related Campus events as indicated, including New Student Orientation, Pinning or other ceremonies, graduations, etc.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs, and Department Chair/College Dean.
- A minimum of two years successful performance in a full-time university-level teaching role and prior management experience in higher education or in another organization within the program director’s discipline.
- PhD (or other appropriate terminal degree) from a regionally accredited university strongly preferred, especially for graduate level programs. Master’s degree with both significant experience and college-level teaching experience minimally required, if the program offers only associate’s or baccalaureate level programs.
- Online teaching experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, university leaders, and public groups.
- Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Other requirements specific to the discipline.
The individual must be able to travel out of the local area with an occasional overnight stay to participate in a variety of conferences and meetings. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video of conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Master’s Degree
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert