We might be biased here in the Oberlin College Admissions Office, but we think our jobs are awesome. We get paid to recruit amazing students to a cutting-edge college. We get to travel, meet inspiring students from around the world, and help them realize their dreams. Our work is principled, mission-driven, and affirming. We also get to work together in an office with some of the coolest people you will ever meet, with a culture that prioritizes a balance between hard work and fun.
All that’s missing is you! Fortunately, we have an open position for a 12-month, continuing, full-time Associate/Assistant Director of International Admissions in the College of Arts & Sciences Admissions Office. This is an Administrative and Professional Staff position reporting to the Vice President and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, and has an anticipated start date of July 1, 2023.
In addition to recruiting students and evaluating admissions applications, you’ll join a project team and take responsibility for a special project area that matches your skills and interests. Where might your particular set of skills benefit our collective work? Project areas include virtual and on-campus event planning, mentoring student staff, Slate CRM management, and/or access and diversity initiatives. We wear many hats, which means there are many ways in which your skills might be a great match with our office.
The Coordinator of International Admissions will contribute to the overall recruitment efforts of the College and plan and implement procedures and programs for attracting and matriculating students. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following specific duties:
Design and implement a strategic recruitment plan that identifies academically qualified international students to enable the College to successfully achieve its enrollment objectives.
- Coordinate and manage the selection process for all international applicants with an experienced team of 3-4 peers.
- Develop both long and short-term strategies regarding the recruitment and selection of all incoming international students.
- Supervise the activities of international student ambassadors.
- Manage the activities of the international student advisory committee.
- Coordinate with campus partners to support International students.
Essential job functions:
- Present information about Oberlin to groups of students, parents, educators and alumni
- Interview prospective students
- Evaluate and present applications to the admissions committee
- Correspond with students, alumni, parents and educators
- Travel to high schools, college fairs, agencies and conferences representing Oberlin’s distinctive educational opportunity for talented and diverse students.
Bachelor’s degree; familiarity with selective liberal arts colleges and non-profit organizations; well-developed oral and written communication skills; good organizational and analytical skills; ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituencies; domestic and international travel for approximately six to eight weeks per year with occasional evening and weekend hours, and a valid driver’s license are required. Candidates for this position should have five years or more of experience in higher education and preferably in international admissions.
Applications will be considered as they are received and position will remain open until filled.
A completed application will consist of a cover letter, resume and list of references.
Oberlin College is committed to the creation and nurturing of a diverse community of individuals through inclusive excellence. Diversity involves recognizing the value of differences and the inclusion of all members of the community including those that experience discrimination or under representation. This is a core value of the organization as we strive for a culturally diverse student body, faculty and staff that reflect the multicultural nature of the nation and our world and bring unique strengths and abilities, which contribute, to our institution. Oberlin College and Conservatory is an equal opportunity employer.