NIWC - Undergraduate II (Sophomore/Junior) Data Transformation
Services (DaTS) Dashboarding Project (Task No:
$16.30 per hour
Under direction, this position will provide technical and/or
analytical support in the field of computer science for the Data
Transformation Services (DaTS) Data Engineering project. The
purpose of this project is to utilize various methods to transform
raw data into useful data systems. For example, leverage Department
of the Navy (DON) data sources to create algorithms, statistical
analysis, and visualization via COVID and FUEL dashboard(s). The
incumbent will work with cloud service providers to build a data
engineering system based on cloud service offerings.
The DATS Portfolio has a requirement to automate the ingestions,
curation, availability, and accessibility of decisionready data in
a secure manner. Data will be developed, managed, and integrated as
a holistic entity.
The Contractor will provide analytical and technical support in the
- Analyzing and organizing raw data.
- Building data systems and connections to data sources using
- Conducting complex data analysis and report results via
visualizations and dashboards.
- Evaluating business needs and objectives.
- Building out algorithms, prototypes and analytical tools.
- Combining raw information from disparate data sources and
performing data aggregation
on data and meta data.
- Evaluating and improving data discovery and search
- Collaborating with data scientists, owners, engineers, and
Undergraduate Student 2: Must have course work in the discipline
requested on the task order Statement of Work. The student must be
at the Sophomore/Junior level and have experience in 100% of the
task requirements and be able to accomplish 90% of the work
Required Course Work:
- Area of Study: Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer
- Qualified Sophomore or Junior.
- Comprehensive understanding of how big data is organized,
analyzed and interpreted.
Course work or related experience in:
Additional Applicant Information
- Story Boarding
- Release Management
- Basic working knowledge of software development processes
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/15061/niwc---undergraduate-ii-%28sophomore-junior%29-data-transformation-services-%28dats%29-dashboarding-project-%28task-no%3a-53-04-34322%29/job?in_iframe=1
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU
Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should
you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of
vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or
religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular
- This position will require the employee to obtain and maintain
a DoD Secret security clearance
- Due to the regulations established by the Department of
Defense, only US Citizens may qualify
- This is a student position and is limited to working 20 hours
- This position will remain open until filled
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an