NIWC - Undergraduate II (Sophomore/Junior) Data Transformation Services (DaTS) Dashboarding Project
- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
NIWC - Undergraduate II (Sophomore/Junior) Data Transformation Services (DaTS) Dashboarding Project (Task No: 53-04-34322)
Req No: 2023-15061
Type: Part-Time Contract
Salary: $16.30 per hour
Under direction, this position will provide technical and/or analytical support in the field of computer science for the Data Transformation Services (DaTS) Data Engineering project. The purpose of this project is to utilize various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, leverage Department of the Navy (DON) data sources to create algorithms, statistical analysis, and visualization via COVID and FUEL dashboard(s). The incumbent will work with cloud service providers to build a data engineering system based on cloud service offerings.
The DATS Portfolio has a requirement to automate the ingestions, curation, availability, and accessibility of decisionready data in a secure manner. Data will be developed, managed, and integrated as a holistic entity.
The Contractor will provide analytical and technical support in the following areas:
- Analyzing and organizing raw data.
- Building data systems and connections to data sources using data pipelines.
- Conducting complex data analysis and report results via visualizations and dashboards.
- Evaluating business needs and objectives.
- Building out algorithms, prototypes and analytical tools.
- Combining raw information from disparate data sources and
performing data aggregation
on data and meta data.
- Evaluating and improving data discovery and search algorithms.
- Collaborating with data scientists, owners, engineers, and architects.
Undergraduate Student 2: Must have course work in the discipline requested on the task order Statement of Work. The student must be at the Sophomore/Junior level and have experience in 100% of the task requirements and be able to accomplish 90% of the work independently.
- Area of Study: Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer
- Qualified Sophomore or Junior.
- Comprehensive understanding of how big data is organized, analyzed and interpreted.
Required Course Work:
Course work or related experience in:
- Story Boarding
- Release Management
- Basic working knowledge of software development processes
Additional Applicant Information
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing
- This position will require the employee to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Due to the regulations established by the Department of Defense, only US Citizens may qualify
- This is a student position and is limited to working 20 hours per week
- This position will remain open until filled
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/15061/niwc---undergraduate-ii-%28sophomore-junior%29-data-transformation-services-%28dats%29-dashboarding-project-%28task-no%3a-53-04-34322%29/job?in_iframe=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert