PT Counselor, Career Technical Education (CTE)
PART-TIME Counselor, Career
Technical Education (CTE)
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool
of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be
accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will
remain on file for two years from date received or last
Applications will be screened by appropriate department
representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who
best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an
In accordance with the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical
Education Act of 2008, the counselors will deliver core services as
their primary duties and responsibilities.
- Conduct general information sessions about CTE program
offerings in assigned division
- Assessment (evaluation of placement scores, course placement,
transcripts, prerequisite clearance)
- Counseling/Advising and other education planning services
- Follow-up for at-risk students
- Assist students with degree audits and applications for
certificate and degree awards
- Provide student referrals for other counseling, advising, and
student support services (DSPS, EDC, EOPS, CalWORKs, Student
Success Center, etc.)
The delivery of core services should occur via multiple modalities:
in-person, online, individual and group meetings, workshops and
other innovative ways.
Assist CTE program students in clarifying academic goals and
selecting a major and maintaining enrollment priority. Work
collaboratively with the Foothill-De Anza College Community College
District CTE program department chairs and coordinators, the
Counseling Division, and the Office of Outreach and Relations with
Schools. Develop other relevant liaisons and networks with on- and
off-campus programs and agencies. Monitor and track students'
academic progress to ensure attainment of educational goal.
Facilitate small and large-group workshops to explain degree audit
process. Review and approve CTE program students' applications for
certificate and associate degree awards. Provide CTE program
students general information about available A.A.-T/.A.S.-T
programs, the transfer process, and GE Certification.
Foothill-De Anza College Community College District is a
fast-paced, student centered, innovative environment that
strategically supports student success and achievement. The college
seeks to employ counselors who are willing and able to implement
the “Six Factors that Support Student Achievement” as outlined by
the California Community College Research and Planning Group. Six
Factors that Support Student Achievement:
- Directed—students have a goal and know how to achieve it
- Focused—students stay on track, keeping their eyes on the
- Nurtured—students feel somebody wants and helps them to
- Engaged—students actively participate in class and
- Connected—students feel like they are part of the college
- Valued—students' skills, talents, abilities and experiences are
recognized; they have opportunities to contribute on campus and
feel ?their contributions are appreciated.
The counselor will be working with students enrolled in career
technical education (CTE) programs housed in various divisions. The
position will report to an assigned Division Dean.
- Indoor, office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse
academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious
background and sexual orientation of community college
- Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling,
clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling,
educational counseling, social work, or career development,
marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child
counseling from an accredited college or university OR Bachelor's
degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a California license
as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an
offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts
must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent
educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English
translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the
applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and
external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Ability and willingness to work with students pursuing career
technical education (CTE) programs, including Special Populations
and other underrepresented student groups.
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of CTE program offerings and
associated occupations aligned with these programs.
SCHEDULED HOURS: Mondays -
9:30 AM to 3:30 PM and Tuesdays and Wednesdays - 12:30 to 6:30 PM
(subject to change to accommodate needs of assigned
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and
For the complete Faculty
Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line
application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In
the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates
your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse
academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural
backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community
college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the
If any required application
materials are omitted, the committee will not review your
If you wish to request
equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet
minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency
form. This form will need to be submitted with your application
packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your
application packet or submit it as a Word document with your
application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to
complete the employment process must notify Employment
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of
authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse
applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by
applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All
interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility
of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/9?c=fhda