Assistant Director-Athletics Video Production
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Film & Video
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant Director-Athletics Video Production
About the Opportunity
The Assistant Director-Athletics Video Production will manage and implement day-to-day aspects of broadcast and content creation for Northeastern Athletics. The Assistant Director will work individually and in tandem with full-time video staff members to execute the production of Northeastern Athletics broadcasts, edit creative video projects, and to oversee student and freelance team members.
Relating to game day productions, the Assistant Director will be responsible for working with necessary parties to plan and execute all Northeastern Athletics home broadcasts. This position will aid in scheduling and training game day personnel, engineering technical set ups, and executing coordination of a variety of production elements.
Relating to content creation and post-production, the Assistant Director will be responsible for collaborating with other Athletics staff members and teams to develop, shoot, and edit engaging video content to enhance engagement on social platforms and advance the Northeastern Athletics brand.
Reporting directly to the Senior Assistant Director of Athletics Video Production, this position requires frequent work during nights and weekends as well as some holidays. This role also requires the ability to report to work in person on the Northeastern University campus according to the needs of the Senior Assistant Director and the collective Athletics Video Production office.
- Bachelor's degree and two to three years of experience required in the field of live production or sports video production.
- Game day/event operation experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in control room positions and setup including but not limited to Technical Directing, Producing, Directing, Graphics & Replay is strongly preferred.
- Experience with non-linear video editing and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects), with an emphasis on video production for social platforms is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be detail oriented, adept at multi-tasking, and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and to manage multiple high-priority projects at the same time.
- Passion for telling excellent stories through the lens of sports journalism. Ability to direct, shoot and light using professional video equipment preferred.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use basic video production equipment.
- Lead, direct, produce, and engineer all Northeastern Athletics broadcasts in tandem with other full-time team members. Assist in providing direction, oversight and training of expansive student and freelance gameday staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that conference and university standards are met in all aspects of productions. The successful candidate will manage event broadcasts for home Northeastern Athletics competitions, occasionally solo.
- This position will work with full-time team members to ensure the proper maintenance and organization of audio/video equipment, and will play a leading role in future planning and strategizing the most effective ways to expand on broadcast production capabilities.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Communications, Operations, IT and Facilities on live streaming and broadcast logistics, including reporting infrastructure and related issues prior to, during, and after events.
- Participate in every step of the creative process in delivering compelling and engaging video content to enhance the Northeastern Athletics brand.
- Work collaboratively with internal team members on scheduling interviews, distribution, and the overall scope of specific projects for social media, website, in-venue marketing initiatives, and more.
- Routinely take projects on from conception to completion - brainstorming, shooting, and editing towards a final product that meets department standards.
- Assist in production of Athletics All-Access Show and overall organization, storyboarding, filming of interviews, and capturing footage.
- Participate in conceptualizing and collaborating with departmental units and coaching staffs on compelling video stories to be produced across the athletics department.
- Occasionally travel with athletics teams to away competitions, playoffs, and other high visibility events to film and edit social media content.
Marketing and Communications
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit www.northeastern.edu/benefits for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Assistant-Director-Athletics-Video-Production_R111489
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert