Open Until Filled
Assistant Director, Student Academic Success & Accessibility
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Remsen 3, Hanover NH 03755
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
This position reports to the Director of the Office of Student
Academic Success & Accessibility Services, at the Geisel School
of Medicine. Working closely under the guidance of the Director,
the Assistant Director will monitor, plan, develop, organize and
deliver comprehensive learning programs and disability services for
Geisel’s MPH and MD programs, and other new Geisel education
programs as they evolve, and with an emphasis on the early
identification and treatment of academic issues for students who
face learning barriers due to the pace, writing, quantitative,
and/or executive functioning requirements of the MPH and MD
The Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine (Geisel) at
Dartmouth, was established in Hanover, New Hampshire in 1797 and,
to this day, strives to improve the lives of the people it serves:
students, patients, and local and global communities. As one of
America’s top medical schools, the Geisel School of Medicine is
committed to creating new generations of diverse leaders who will
help solve our most vexing challenges in health care.
The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth is located in the
neighboring towns of Hanover and Lebanon in the Upper Connecticut
River Valley on the NH and VT border. Dartmouth is surrounded by a
vibrant, academic, and professional community offering excellent
public schools, a lively arts scene, a rural setting with great
natural beauty, and delicious local produce and artisanal foods.
For those who enjoy the city, Boston, New York City, and Montreal
are within a few hours’ drive.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Masters or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- 5+ years’ experience required in one of the following fields:
counseling, education, psychology, or a closely related field in
- Experience with tutoring programs.
- Demonstrates ability to work closely with others and maintain
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with minimal
- Ability to interact successfully with individuals and groups at
all levels for the institution.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and demonstrates
strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral, written communication, and interpersonal
- Commitment to diversity, personal mentorship, professionalism,
collaboration, mutual respect, and student advocacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, learning management
systems, and Excel or statistical package.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- EdD or PhD in education or related discipline
- Experience or training in administering disability services in
a work or educational setting
William Eidtson, EdD
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
William Eidtson, EdD
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or
remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against
COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from
vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and
Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of
employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the
first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Student Academic Success
Percentage Of Time
- Develop, execute, and manage the delivery of targeted academic
skills development for MPH students, including arranging tutoring
to support student quantitative and writing skills.
- Develop, execute, and manage a learning skills inventory
program for incoming MPH and MD students.
- Develop, execute, and manage learning services in the MD
program to students in Phase 2 (M3) and 3 (M4), including arranging
tutoring support for M3 and M4 MD students.
- Under the guidance of the Director, oversee the operational
aspects of the Medical Science Growth Program ( MSGP ) and the
Clinical Skills Growth Program ( CSGP ) for MD students, including
ongoing student monitoring and targeted counselling.
- As other new Geisel education programs evolve, work with the
Student Academic Success team to expand the services listed above
to these new programs.
Student Accessibility Services
Percentage Of Time
- In consultation with the Director and the Executive Director of
TDI Education Programs, adjudicate all academic accommodation
requests cases for the MPH program.
- Participate in the design and delivery of professional
development programs to Geisel staff and faculty on disability best
practices, as requested.
Percentage Of Time
- Assume temporary oversight of the Office of Student Academic
Success & Accessibility Services in the Director’s
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter