Adjunct Faculty, Hospitality and Culinary Management
- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Management
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Faculty, Hospitality and Culinary Management
Internal Position Title: Adjunct Faculty, Hospitality and Culinary Management
Posting Number: F00879
Department:: Business & Social Sciences Div
Position Type: Part-Time Faculty
Job Family: Adjunct Faculty
Teach culinary arts and hospitality management classes.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts, Food Service Management, Hospitality Management, Nutrition, Management or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience as a working chef or hospitality professional supervising a kitchen/hospitality staff.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Competency in technologies commonly used in college level instruction.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date: 03/22/2023
Expected Start Date: 08/01/2023
Special Instructions Summary: The Faculty Success Framework illustrates the fundamental elements of a faculty member’s career at CLC. Its purpose is to support a culture of continual faculty development and to provide full but flexible paths for faculty to both consistently contribute to student success efforts and cultivate professional fulfillment. Our Guiding Principles for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CLC CARES) outline the qualities we expect CLC faculty will exemplify in their professional and pedagogical engagement with students.
Pay Rate: Per Adjunct Contract
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part Time
Total Hours Per Week: 3-10 hours
Per class schedule
Software Testing Required: None
Interview Process Requirements: None
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Teach culinary arts and hospitality management classes.
- Develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
- Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
- Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
- Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
- Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
- Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required by the College.
- Be available for student consultation through phone or email.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
- Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade records.
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery.
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of program advisory boards, college, division, and department committees.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/22882
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert