Lecturer, Counseling Psychology
- Boston University
- Boston, Massachusetts
- The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Posted Date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Boston University Wheelock College of Education and Human Development invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in Counseling Psychology, a concentration within the EdM and PhD in Counseling Psychology and Applied Human Development Programs. We seek candidates with a background in educating counseling psychology graduate students, who have a thorough understanding of counseling practice, and are committed to culturally responsive clinical practice. A major focus of this position is to assist and support the development of the new Counseling Psychology Training Center. The Department of Counseling Psychology and Applied Human Development, in which these programs are housed, is a community of faculty and students who have a strong social justice orientation, and thus we are seeking a faculty member who shares this orientation. We believe that the cultural and social diversity of our faculty, staff, and students is vitally important to the distinction and excellence of our programs. To that end, applicants from socio-culturally and ethnically diverse groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Serve as Associate Director of the Counseling Psychology Training Center. Assisting with the development and management of the center. This will also include collaborating with community partners and playing a critical role in the supervision of master’s and doctoral students in Counseling Psychology.
- Teach graduate level courses focused on counseling practice, such as child and adolescent psychopathology and counseling theories.
This Lecturer position begins July 1, 2023. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology or related field
- License eligible in Massachusetts as a psychologist
- Licensed in Massachusetts as a psychologist.
- Training in and experience providing mental health counseling.
- Established record of teaching courses in Counseling Psychology or related fields
- Established record of mentoring, supervising, or teaching students or professionals in Counseling Psychology
Inquiries may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee: Dr. Maria Teresa Coutinho, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin May 15th, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Applicants should submit the following documents electronically to (https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/24549):
- Cover letter describing teaching, service, and applied experiences and suitability for the position. Candidates who substantively address their experiences, strengths, and opportunities for growth regarding diversity and equity will receive strong consideration.
- Current curriculum vitae o Names and contact information of 2 professional references.
NOTE: Only the names of references are needed initially. Referees will only be notified to submit their recommendations if and when you select the "Notify by Email on Submit" option on your Cover Sheet, which you may do at any time after applying.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert