About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 11,100 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 20,195 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is seeking a Learning Systems Analyst to join the
Information Technology department in a teleworking arrangement. The
Learning Systems Analyst is an experienced analyst who will work to
support, maintain, and enhance the University’s learning management
system and related academic technologies. They will serve as a
point of contact and primary administrator for Canvas and other
technologies used to support academic instruction, such as
ePortfolium, Credentials for professional badging, Outcomes
Assessment, and Zoom which is used for synchronous learning.
Support includes administration of Canvas Snapshot Generator for
data integration with the Student Information System (SIS), Canvas
LMS and Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) integrations,
configuration and/or the implementation of new features, and
business process documentation. The Learning Systems Analyst will
formulate creative solutions for incorporating the many and varied
technology and academic business requirements into comprehensive
application systems surrounding Canvas. They will also assist with
migration and implementation efforts for various learning
application systems projects.
The Learning Systems Analyst is the platform expert and is a lead
point of contact for learning application vendors, academic leaders
and stakeholders in various areas including faculty, students, the
Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE), Academic
Technology, Instructional Design & Development, and the Office
of Academic Assessment. Using independent judgment, analytical
skills, and sound project management, the Learning Systems Analyst
is responsible for managing upgrades and testing, troubleshooting,
and ensuring system accessibility in supporting critical
organizational education needs with academic partners and
stakeholders across the University.
Working for Embry-Riddle entitles the employee to a robust benefit
package – from quality health care and retirement options to
generous education benefits and four-day summer work schedules.
This is a remote position and can be done anywhere in the United
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree. Area of study: instructional technology,
computer science, or related field
- Assist in the development and execution of an enterprise wide
LMS deployment strategy.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to convey technical
information to technical and non-technical users.
- Explore and make recommendations for optimizing use of LMS
features and functionality.
- Remain current on new LMS releases, coordinates user acceptance
testing, and communicates changes as needed to appropriate
- Act as the first point of contact for technical support and
trouble-shooting issues at the enterprise level. Works with LMS
vendor to resolve.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with LMS
configuration and infrastructure.
- Ability to collect the appropriate information from the
customer to expedite the resolutions to problems. Demonstrate good
judgment in investigating and escalating problems.
- Run system reports to meet academic stakeholder needs.
- Research, identify, and recommend improvements to LMS
configuration and workflows.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across ERAU, supports
the development, communication, and monitoring of standards for
organization-wide use of the ERAU LMS.
- Collaborate with IT teams in support of PeopleSoft Campus
Solutions SIS and other system integration and infrastructure
- Establish and maintain internal partnerships with subject
matter experts and may manage academic alliances and partnerships
- Monitor and measure customer satisfaction and level of service
provided through appropriate mechanisms to evaluate and implement
improvements as needed.
- Develop and maintain system and user procedures, guidelines,
- Participate in and provide consultation and expertise to
internal project teams.
- Support and lead other programs and special projects as
- Demonstrate ability to tactfully handle difficult situations
and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Consistently show ability to recognize and deal with
priorities. Recognize and perform duties which need to be performed
although not directly assigned. Assisting others as needed.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements,
believing in our team and partners throughout the university,
learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing
determination, focus and tenacity.