- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales, Communications, Public Relations & Advertising, Professional Fields, Social Work & Human Services, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Editing & Publications Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assessment Resource Center
The Assessment Resource Center and eMINTS National Center seek an experienced marketing professional to contribute to marketing strategy that contributes to our combined growth.
This role will primarily focus on:
- Overseeing the execution of organic social media content strategy including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Tracking website and social media analytics to optimize reach and performance, and reporting key performance indicators internally on a monthly basis.
- Improving website performance and search engine optimization.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to inform and develop content for social media platforms, blog posts, and other digital assets.
- Communicating marketing strategy and best practices to teammates who contribute content to social media platforms and websites.
- Email marketing
- Website development
- Video shooting and editing
- Graphic design
Salary Range: $20.00 - $37.00 / hour commensurate with education & experience.
GGS Grade: 009
University Title: Strategic Communications Associate II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
M-F; Flexible work schedule available
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices
- Previous experience developing and executing social media strategy and demonstrated impact from those efforts
- Strong knowledge of analytics reporting functions on various social media platforms and Google Analytics
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate, engage, and communicate across teams
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or Google Sites content management system
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite products
- Having a passion for education, creativity, a team mentality, and a positive spirit
- Previous experience marketing to PK-12 and/or higher education industries preferred
- Previous video editing experience preferred
Application, Resume & Cover Letter
The Assessment Resource Center (ARC) and eMINTS National Center are self-supporting centers in the College of Education & Human Development at the University of Missouri. The two outreach units effectively merged in 2021 to combine resources and share teams, including the marketing team.
The mission of the ARC is to provide assessment and evaluation resources to equip educators and leaders with the information they need to make meaningful, data-driven decisions. ARC clients represent a wide variety of institutional and organizational sectors, including PK-12, higher education, and government entities at the local, state, and national levels.
The mission of eMINTS is to provide professional development for educators and leaders that improves student achievement. eMINTS has been awarded several large federal grants that focus on randomized, controlled trials that use research-based methods to prove the efficacy of the eMINTS instructional model and education professional development.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-882-7976 .
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert