Admissions Counselor (CSPP) - San Diego
- Alliant International University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The Admissions Counselor, under the general direction of the Associate Director, Admissions will recruit for and administer admissions processes for all Alliant degree programs. The incumbent is responsible for managing inquiries and contacting prospective students via telephone or email and live chat in addition to conducting student interviews.
The Admissions Counselor will be Hybrid based on the San Diego Campus, and primarily support the CSPP Clinical Psychology programs.
Starting Salary: $56,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Relationship-building with prospective and continuing students, administration, faculty, staff, and external school districts and professional organizations.
- Provide admissions counseling to prospective students
- Manage the admissions applications process, and coordinate interviews between appropriate parties
- Provide counseling and overall customer service to prospective students at all stages in the admissions process via telephone, e-mail, live chat and campus visits.
- Respond to new inquiries in a timely manner and adhere to phone and email communication strategy for all prospective students
- Effectively communicate program offerings and details, across a range of degree programs, to prospective students
- Maintain ongoing communication with applicants throughout the admissions process, tracking all communications using Salesforce and CampusNexus (CNS), when applicable.
- Attend recruitment fairs, and applicable conventions and conferences.
- Coordinate and present program information at open houses, informational webinars, community colleges, graduation fairs and local businesses.
- Coordinate the scheduling of student interviews with Faculty and/or Program Directors.
- Deliver weekly reports and admission updates as needed to Program Directors and Director of Admissions.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned,or directed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Salesforce or similar customer relations management system, and experience with integrated business software systems in higher education, including relational databases.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background
- Excellent typing skills including speed (40 WPM minimum) and accuracy. A typing test may be required for counselors with live chat responsibilities
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player?Highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines
- Maintain composure under high stress conditions?Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience: Experience in a college/university admissions department and/or two or more years of customer service, sales or marketing experience.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 258248
Date: Apr 20, 2023
San Diego, CA, US, 92131
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert