Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Medicine
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery
- Employment Type
- Full Time
*Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
The Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana (FMRWM) seeking an ABFM or AOBFP certified core faculty member (Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Medicine) for our ACGME accredited, community based program. All FMRWM faculty are expected to perform their duties in a professional manner including: ethical personal behavior, upholding the community standard of care in the practice and teaching of evidence-based medicine, creating and sustaining supportive and caring relationships with all co-workers and residents, creating and sustaining positive relationships with FMRWM community partners, and providing high quality service to our patients and other customers. This is a 1.0 FTE position based in Missoula, MT. Applicants from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine are encouraged to apply.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
- Function as a member of the FMRWM core faculty, with responsibilities including:
- Resident teaching in clinical and didactic settings
- Clinical supervision of residents
- Provision of outpatient family medicine care at Partnership Health Center and inpatient Obstetrics at Community Medical Center
- Participation in scholarly activity
- Advising and mentoring residents
- Participating with other core faculty in the ongoing development of FMRWM
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from an accredited medical school
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency in Family Medicine
- Board certification by the ABFM or AOCFP
- Montana medical license
- DEA license
- Ability to obtain clinical privileges at Partnership Health Center, St. Patrick Hospital and Community Medical Center
- Competency to provide outpatient and inpatient obstetrical care and teach obstetrical skills to residents (fellowship training preferred)
- Experience in sports medicine or musculoskeletal medicine
- Skills and ability to practice and teach Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Candidates from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine
- Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) experience or training
- Demonstrated medical knowledge and the ability to apply it in the care of patients
- Maintenance, practical use, and dissemination of evidence based medical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality care to all age groups in the Family Medicine Center, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and other sites.
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively perform common procedures
- Maintains an active, Family Medicine Center-based clinical practice
- Able to fulfill call responsibilities
- Create and regularly update a goal-oriented plan for personal, professional and practice improvement
- Acts as a consistent role model for residents
- Effective teaching in one-to-one and small group settings
- Precept residents efficiently and effectively
- Effectively demonstrate and teach patient care skills
- Effectively demonstrate and teach procedural skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity to community issues and needs. Work with community practitioners for the purpose of educational support and community relations.
- Demonstrate ability to assist in coordination of resident activities in other Montana communities.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, 12 months/year, Letter of Appointment, and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
- Salary for this position is $195,000 - $210,000 per year commensurate with qualifications
- Located in Missoula, MT
The Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana (FRMWM) is housed within the UM College of Health and a member of the University of Washington's Family Medicine Residency Network . FMRWM exists to provide superior, comprehensive education in Family Medicine. FRMWM is committed to developing family physicians who are compassionate, clinically competent, and motivated to serve patients and communities in the rural and underserved areas of Montana.
Our program graduated its first class in 2016. With the investment of a dedicated faculty, excellent resident classes from all over the U.S., and a skilled support staff, we have developed a program that is increasingly recognized for its quality and innovation.
Our success is based in a focus on our mission, a culture of collegiality between residents and faculty, open communication, and empowerment of everyone involved to actively contribute and make FMRWM the best possible place to become a Family Medicine physician.
FMRWM is a 10-10-10 training program. The core program based in Missoula, MT has 24 residents (10-7-7) and nine physician core faculty. FMRWM’s Kalispell training track is a 1:2 training track based in Kalispell, Montana with 6 residents (0-3-3) and two physician core faculty.
About UM and Missoula
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with more than 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The University of Montana offers a wealth of health professions training programs within its College of Health, including the Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana.
It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 70,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research. Outside Magazine ranked Missoula ninth in “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America ” in 2014 and as one of " The 5 Best Places to Raise Outdoor Kids ." Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- State of Montana
- City of Missoula
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment.
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant.
Testing Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. E mployment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: April 23, 2023 by 11:59 PM (MST). Review of applications will be ongoing and continue until position is filled.
Only five (5) attachments are allowed per application.
An application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, which includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume/CV - listing education and describing work experience
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information
- A statement detailing professional liability claims experience and licensure board actions
*Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.*
**Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert