Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Bucknell University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Humanities, Foreign Languages & Literatures
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish
Job No: 497331
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Languages, Cultures & Linguistics, Spanish
Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish for 2023-2024. Minimum of ABD required for this entry-level position. Teaching responsibilities for the academic year is six classes, including classes on Spanish language and Spanish literature or culture for majors and minors. Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching language, literature and culture, and must have native or near-native fluency in Spanish, as well as sustained residential experience in a Spanish-speaking country.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, C.V., and three confidential letters of recommendation. Applications will only be accepted online through Bucknell's career center (careers.bucknell.edu). E-mail submissions will not be considered; however, specific questions about the search may be directed to Jason McCloskey, Co-Chair, Spanish Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. For full consideration, please submit materials by April 7, 2023. Review of applications will begin in April and continue until filled.
This position is full-time, benefits-eligible, 9 months, exempt, faculty position.
This is a Faculty Exempt position. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497331/visiting-assistant-professor-of-spanish
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert