F0419 - Assistant Professor - Psychology
- Norfolk State University
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Commensurate with experience and credentials
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Psychology at Norfolk State University seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in our M. S. CyberPsychology program beginning August 2023. The successful candidate will teach courses primarily at the graduate level, engage in scholarly research and provide research mentorship to graduate students. We are considering a candidate with expertise and research interests related to cyberpsychology or a closely related specialization (e.g., Social, Cognitive, Personality, Human Factors Psychology, etc.) who is committed to excellence in teaching and has a strong research acumen that will contribute to the growth of the M.S. CyberPsychology program.
Please visit our website for more information about the M.S. CyberPsychology program: www.nsu.edu/CyberPsychology.
The Psychology Department is one of the largest departments at Norfolk State University. We offer a Bachelor of Arts (8.A.) in General Psychology, as well as a fully online B.A. degree. In addition, to the M.S. in CyberPsychology, we are part of the Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology, which grants the doctoral (Ph.D.) degree in Clinical Psychology.
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
1. An earned Doctorate in Psychology (e.g., Ph.D., Psy.D.) at the time of hire.
2. A demonstrated record of strong teaching in Psychology, including experience teaching online.
3. Evidence of an established, competitive, and independent research agenda that is appropriate for the rank of Assistant Professor.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, personal integrity, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
1. Committed to the development of a sustainable research program in cyberpsychology or closely related area.
2. Teaching experience at the graduate level.
3. Experience with online teaching using the Blackboard learning management system
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert