F0324-Assistant Professor- Psychology
- Norfolk State University
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Commensurate with experience and credentials
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Psychology at Norfolk State university seeks candidates for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Psychology beginning August 2023. The Psychology Department offers a Bachelors of Arts (B.A) in General Psychology, as well as a fully online B.A. degree. In addition, we offer a Master of Science (M.S) in Cyber-Psychology, and we are part of the Virginia Consortium Program in clinical Psychology, which grants the doctoral (Ph.D.) degree in Clinical Psychology.
the successful candidate will be responsible for teaching courses at the Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. levels. Other job duties include providing significant research mentorship to Masters and Ph.D. level students and developing a research program that will involve undergraduate students. Job duties also include academic advising, participation on departmental, college and university committees, and working collaboratively with colleagues to advance the goals and vision of the Department of Psychology.
The incumbent will:
Teach undergraduate level courses in the Department of Psychology. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching or research experience directly related to cyber-psychology or related field.
- Have experience teaching full asynchronous online courses.
- Have exemplary teaching and advising skills
- Collegially engage with faculty, staff and students.
1. Must posses a Doctorate in Psychology at the time of hire.
2. Demonstrated record of strong teaching in Psychology.
3. Experience with online teaching/learning modules.
4.Experience and commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarly activity at the college/university level.
5. Demonstrated record of/ strong potential for successful student advising.
6. Posses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Evidence of an independent research agenda that is appropriate for the rank of Assistant Professor.
1. Academic, research, and/or vocational experience in an area directly to cyberpsychology
2. Committed to the development of a research program in cyber-psychology or a closely related specialization
3. Teaching experience at the graduate level.
4. Experience with online teaching using the Blackboard learning management system.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert