- Bucknell University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job No: 497336
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Library & IT
Network assistants are utilized in conjunction with Bucknell's network engineers to advance the university's efforts towards employing a stable, up-to-date, and well maintained wireless and wired campus network. Summer 2023 brings upgrades to many parts of the university network and network assistants can expect to participate in the mapping, installation, configuration, and testing of wireless access points in many of the buildings on campus. Network assistants can also expect to participate in the deployment of more current switching equipment in these areas to support the wireless, and wired network.
- Activating network cablings, moving and deactivating network connections across campus.
- Deploying cables and network equipment for Campus events, etc.
- Configure, install, and upgrade wireless access points.
- Configure, install, and upgrade network switches.
- Assist Faulty, Staff and Students with network connectivity issues.
- Creating and updating of network documentation.
- Clean and remove configurations from equipment being decommissioned.
- Wireless network mapping with software tools.
- Basic wired and wireless network troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Interest in learning about networking
- Basic Troubleshooting Skills
- Basic Understanding of Home Networks
- Basic Understanding of Wireless Networks
- standing for prolonged periods of time
- ability to lift 25 pounds
- exposure to dust
- exposure to networking closets without proper cooling
This is a full-time, seasonal (May through August), non-benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a staff Non-exempt position with a hiring range of $10-12.00 per hour. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497336/network-assistant
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert