- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales, Communications, Other Communications, Public Relations & Advertising, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in eight areas: Professional Development; Mission & Pride; Supervisor/Department Chair Effectiveness; Confidence in Senior Leadership; Faculty & Staff Well-Being; Shared Governance; Faculty Experience; Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Established in 2012, Lone Star College-University Park has been recognized nationally and internationally for its innovation, as well as its focus on student access and success. Conveniently located off SH 249 in the heart of northwest Houston, Lone Star College-University Park is known as the "community's college," providing students with highly affordable degree and certificate programs that transfer seamlessly to four-year universities or lead to direct employment. Campus facilities include the Center for Science & Innovation, the Energy & Manufacturing Institute, Learning Innovation Labs and the Geology Rock Wall. Dr. Shah Ardalan has been president of LSC-University Park since its founding.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Communications will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive communications plan to include internal and external marketing and advertising. This position will serve as an administrator for the web content management system and coordinate communications-related functions such as web content, social media, DMS, press releases, and media inquiries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan for the college, including but not limited to photography and videography
- Oversee internal communication functions including web content, DMS, social media and electronic communications
- Serve as the liaison to college constituents and departments with regards to marketing and communications-related matters
- Research, write, and edit communications pieces for a wide variety of internal and external communications channels
- Maintain standards for marketing and communication functions, ensuring adherence to LSC branding standards and guidelines
- May supervise and manage staff, including hiring, onboarding, training and professional development
- Disseminate information, college-wide, on behalf of the college administration
- Work closely with faculty and college executives to promote student success across all disciplines and assist in student recruitment and retention
- Oversee college social media platforms and develop strategies to engage students
- Assist with special event support as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated competency in desktop publishing and working knowledge of graphic design and professional photography preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and implement effective, collegiate public relation strategies
- Expertise in advertising, market research, promotion and web marketing
- Ability to meet specific deadlines on a daily basis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a diverse college setting
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, TV Production, or Journalism, or a related field
- Experience working with media relations in the public sector
- Prior work experience in journalism
Hiring salary range is $54,528 - $62,707.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
Please include press release or other writing samples when uploading your resume and cover letter.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert