- University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
College of Education
The College of Education seeks an energetic Academic Advisor. This position reports to the Director of Advising.
- This position provides recruiting, advising, mentoring and program management, including student support of all kinds, for all steps of the state teacher certification for undergraduate art and music education, all areas of alternative certification at the graduate level, the Teach-in-12 certification program in the areas of Elementary education, High School subjects, PE, art, and music. This includes eligibility screening, advising, enrollment, data tracking for student groups, scheduling classes with faculty, teacher certification process, Practicum eligibility, and monitoring of completers.
- The person in this position is responsible for tracking all DESE gate requirements, course grades, progress for teacher certification, and GPA requirements. It also works with faculty to develop semester course schedules and suggests on-going changes.
M-F; 8am to 5pm
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Hiring Range: $41,000-$44,000 annually
University Title: Academic Advisor
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Master's Degree
- Prior work experience in higher education
- One year of experience in academic advising, counseling, teaching, admissions or related area specifically
- Prior work experience in student services
- Prior work experience in education
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.) to the UMSL Job site: Http://umsl.jobs.
For questions about the application process, please call (314) 516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Missouri - St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including: health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents and employee and dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefits, please visit:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert