- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Under direction of the Associate Dean for Global Health, administers and supports a significant portfolio of curricular and co-curricular programs for the Center of Health Equity at Geisel to help further the mission of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment or as a team leader. Exercises discretion with confidential information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Committed to diversity and serving the needs of a diverse population. Ability to participate in occasional evening/weekend work-related activities.
- Proficient with computer applications (including Acrobat Reader, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Internet) and basic informational technology.
- Database management, desktop publishing helpful.
- Experience in office administration or program management, ideally in health/public health.
- Experience in higher education highly desirable.
- Experience in project management and outcomes assessment. International experience in partnership countries highly desirable. Student advising experience highly desirable.
- Grant writing experience highly desirable.
Lisa Adams, MD
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Lisa Adams, MD
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Program Planning and Coordination
- Assists the Associate Dean and the Center’s program manager to administer and support student programs in global and domestic underserved health, particularly the bilateral student exchanges programs with our partner institutions in Tanzania, China, and Kosovo.
- Collaborates and coordinates programming with global and domestic underserved activities across institutions including DC, Tuck, Thayer, and DHMC .
- Assists with implementing new and existing student programs that promote the Center’s mission and extend engagement with the Center to more and diverse student populations.
- Assists with initially creating a system for evaluating of the Center’s programs’ progress in reaching a broad and diverse constituency of students and their effectiveness in promoting the Center’s mission and then conducting the ongoing data collection through a variety of methods, including interviews and surveys.
- Assists with management of Center resources to support new and existing programs.
- Assists with a comprehensive publicity plan for all student programs, including outreach to different student groups and the wider community (including DHMC, the College and graduate schools), advertisement placement, implementation and contribution of content to a Center website and newsletter.
- Coordinates and schedules Center internal and external events.
- Briefs the supervisor on changes in schedules and priorities or on matters needing the supervisor’s personal or immediate attention.
- Maintains a portfolio of funding programs and opportunities for students. Assists with the CHE Board activities including coordinating bi-annual meetings, disseminating minutes, and handling communication between meetings.
- Assists Director with calendar management, meeting and travel arrangements.
Communication and Campus Relations
- Interacts regularly with a wide range of internal and external constituents and staff members and conveys information on behalf of the supervisor.
- Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information, exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
- Communicates respectfully with a diverse community, including international partners.
- Assists with coordination with other student programming groups on campus. Maintains an open, professional, engaging, informative, and intellectual approach to work tasks and communications with others.
- Effectively communicates and personally supports the Center’s values to foster inclusiveness and diversity.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert