Dean for the College of Business
- Utah Tech University
- Utah, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Other Business & Management, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Faculty Affairs, Deans
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Utah Tech University (UT) seeks a dynamic and visionary leader for the position of Dean for the College of Business. The Dean reports directly to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and has a central role in the University’s academic administration. Through the Council of Deans, the Dean for the College of Business actively contributes to decisions affecting the University at large, as well as the College of Business. The Dean is involved in strategic planning, enrollment and budget management, and overseeing curriculum, facilities, and academic personnel. The new Dean will provide vision and leadership to help guide this growing college.
The Dean for the College of Business provides leadership and supervision to undergraduate and graduate programs within fields such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems & Analytics, Management, Marketing, and Innovation/Entrepreneurship. This includes overseeing the activities of program coordinators, directors, and chairs, as well as oversight to programs and departments within. This position is also responsible for supervising college-level Academic and Career Advisors (in coordination Academic Advisement and Career Services Offices), oversight of the Business Resource Center, and participation in governance of Atwood Innovation Plaza. Responsible for the development of programs that meet the need of students and the community and collaborates with other deans and colleges to develop programs to meet the needs of students. Ensures that the College of Business is operating in accordance with federal, state, and university policy.
Information about the College can be found online at https://colleges.utahtech.edu/business/ while information about the Atwood Innovation Plaza can be found online at https://innovation.utahtech.edu/ .
- Direct admissions and business operations of master's degree programs within the College of Business.
- Provide leadership for student learning and success programs within the college, including the maintenance of high-quality instruction as well as student advisement and career readiness activities.
- Manage leadership team, including an Associate Dean, academic advisors, career specialists and administrative specialist.
- Promote and lead professional development, emphasizing applied and/or pedagogical research & publication.
- Maintain current ACBSP specialized accreditation.
- Lead initial AACSB accreditation efforts including annual progress reporting, final self-evaluation, and peer review team / mentor visits.
- Prepare budget requests for the college and, in cooperation with the institutional administration, allocate available funds among the various departments.
- Raise funds for operations and personnel through grant development and private donors.
- Review faculty work and recommend faculty advancement in rank and tenure.
- Explore and develop interdisciplinary programs with other deans and administrators.
- Recommend and participate in the process of hiring new faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An earned Doctorate degree is required in a discipline of the college.
- Demonstrated experience in leading AACSB accreditation efforts (currently pursuing initial accreditation).
- Record of excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship commensurate with the appointment as full professor.
- A minimum of three years of progressively more responsible experience as an academic administrator is preferred.
- Deep working knowledge of higher education and professional issues and trends impacting business education.
- Record of effective implementation of technology innovation initiatives preferred.
- Success in the generation of external funding (fund raising, grant writing) and in the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with businesses, donors, alumni, and other stakeholders.
- Record of developing, leading and utilizing advisory boards leading to impactful experiences for students, alumni, faculty and businesses.
- Experience in curriculum development, program expansion, student recruitment and retention, faculty recruitment and development, and fiscal management.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with students, faculty, staff and administration.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time (12-month) executive staff position. Annual salary commensurate upon qualifications and experience. Desired start date of July 1 - Sept 1, 2023. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.utahtech.edu/employee-benefits/ under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins April 24, 2023 ; position open until filled. Submit application materials (including resume contents and contact information for three professional references) and upload cover letter electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Utah Tech University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed to exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah, approximately 120 miles north of Las Vegas. The area is renowned for its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. Click here to learn more about the University .
Utah Tech University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. Utah Tech University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of the University are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment. Utah Tech does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or the University’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby DeFeo - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert