Clinical Research Data Manager, RowanSOM
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Biotechnology & Bioengineering, Statistics, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Institutional Research & Planning, Research Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Clinical Research Data Manager
Department: Research Administration
Facility: School of Osteopathic Medicine
Reports To: Program Administrator/Grant Writer
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Program Administrator/Grant Writer, the Clinical Research Data Manager works with research investigators to develop data collection tools and databases to support clinical research projects, provides data management, extracts and analyzes data, and generates reports for use in progress reporting and development of grant proposals. The responsibilities include but are not limited to 1) assisting clinical researchers with database development, data management, correcting data errors, and data formatting, 2) statistical analysis of data sets and generating reports for continuous quality improvement and progress reporting, and 3) providing data support to clinical researchers by responding to data requests, mining data from large database systems within Rowan Medicine and other local and regional systems to gather preliminary data for research projects, assisting with research and statistical design of grant proposals and writing manuscripts for publication. The potential exists for a dual appointment with the VA to apply for VA funding through its Office of Research and Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develops data collection tools and databases that track clients served, services delivered, and outcomes for clinical research progress reporting.
- Provides training to research staff on data collection and implements monitoring protocols for specific clinical research projects to ensure the integrity of data collected.
- Provides day-to-day management of data, including identifying missing data elements, correcting data errors, and formatting data for analysis and to meet federal reporting requirements.
- Serves as a clinical research data manager for multiple projects being implemented by clinical researchers.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and other established data security policies and procedures.
- Develops policies and procedures to manage data information requests from clinical researchers from multiple databases.
- Extracts data and generates reports which summarize project achievements and service gaps and works with researchers to develop data-driven plans for continuous quality improvement of research projects.
- Performs programming and retrieval of selected data sets from electronic health record systems and other large databases.
- Analyzes data using SPSS and other statistical software packages and verifies the validity of the data and its significance to proposed outcomes of research projects.
- Generates reports that use graphics to clearly visualize data for use in grant proposals, manuscripts, and for progress reporting.
- Provides data support to clinical researchers, including retrieving data for use in grant proposals and progress reporting.
- Provides support to administrators, including advice on technological needs for database development, and data management and analysis.
- Responds to data requests for clinical research program development.
- Reviews the literature to stay current on clinical research design strategies, statistical methodology, and new technology.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in data management education or computer science or equivalent experience with two (2) years of involvement in database development and management, programming for data retrieval, data visualization, and report generation. Experience in statistical analysis and the design of research studies is preferred.
NOTE: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
Advertised: Mar 21 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 9 2023 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert