Adjunct, Clinical Teaching Assistant
- South University
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
The Nursing Clinical Adjunct is responsible for the general effectiveness of the clinical experiences. He/she has primary responsibility for preparing and teaching clinical and/or laboratory nursing courses. The Nursing Clinical Adjunct works with the Lead Clinical Faculty, Clinical Coordinator, and the Program Director.KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- The Nursing Clinical Adjunct is an adjunct clinical faculty member who:
- Supervises students in clinical practice, internships, observations, field experiences, nursing labs, and other similar course and graduation requirements
- Counsels or refers students with identified clinical performance problems.
- Maintains the highest moral and ethical standards as an educator, as a nursing professional, and as a responsible member of the community.
- Debriefs and evaluates students in clinical practice, observations, and field experiences.
- Teaches the number of hours and courses stated in the employment contract for the stated time periods.
- Meets all clinicals and other scheduled responsibilities such as office hours and meetings at the designated time.
- Articulates course learning outcomes or objectives to ensure student understanding of course learning objectives and expectations.
- Assists the Lead Clinical Faculty with the creation of the course/clinical syllabus
- Creates course materials required to deliver course information in an understandable and interesting manner to ensure students are engaged with the course material to facilitate achievement of the course learning outcomes.
- Adheres to identified office hours and be available to assist students to understand course content and/or clinical scenarios to facilitate the comprehension of materials through one-to-one meeting or in assists students to master course material by being available through “office hours” and or small group sessions
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree required.
- Two years’ experience in the clinical specialty area.
- Membership in a professional association related to area of instruction preferred.
- Current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills).
- Demonstrated clinical competency and professional standards of practice.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. In the clinical facility, the employee may be required to perform considerable amount of walking or standing, along with operation of complex equipment. The employee may be exposed to chemicals, fumes, and odors and other potentially unsafe conditions. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description and may be required to pass health status clearance by the affiliated agency.South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert