About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 11,100 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 20,195 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is now hiring a Student and Administrative Support
Specialist for the Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI) at the
Daytona Beach campus. The Student and Administrative Support
Specialist will coordinate and perform diverse support tasks for
students, staff, and faculty and manage all aspects of EducationUSA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer all operations of EducationUSA Academy program
- Primary point of contact for students, prospective students,
instructors, sponsors, IIE, and EducationUSA Advisors.
- Create in-person and virtual course content as well as
extra-curricular activities for ERAU’s EducationUSA Academy
- Develop and maintain relationships with IIE and sponsoring
consular posts; respond to all communications.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies: Create marketing
materials and participate in program marketing.
- Manage the application process; coordinate camper acceptance
with sponsoring agencies.
- Create camp budget in collaboration with ERLI Director.
- Create camp schedule, securing speakers and activities.
- Collect and manage camp payments, including grants.
- Develop, review, and update EducationUSA Academy materials
including Academy handbooks, fliers, online materials, website,
- Manage and update ERAU’s EducationaUSA Academy website
- Create and maintain Canvas EduationUSA Academy Course Shell;
communicate with IT regarding course active dates and enrolling
students; create teacher sections.
- Provide technology training sessions for students, instructors,
and guest speakers.
- Some work outside of regular business hours may be required
while the virtual program is in session to accommodate students in
a variety of time zones.
- Manage operations of the ERLI Office
- Independently respond to and resolve inquiries from incoming
international students, current students, other university
departments, and parties outside the university, including foreign
governments regarding attendance, enrollment, and requests for
academic extensions and records.
- Collect requested data and information from various sources
including email and other correspondence, meeting minutes and
records, and other documents; prepare summaries of findings and/or
other related written correspondence as requested.
- Coordinate and schedule travel, meetings, and appointments.
Prepare agendas for meetings, conferences, and other assigned
events; take and distribute minutes or other notes as
- Manage student records within ERLI and Imaging; check forms for
accuracy and assist students in their completion
- Update and maintain ERLI website and social media accounts
- Create and publish ERLI newsletter regularly
- Provide ERLI Student Support
- Inform and advise current ERLI students on non-academic matters
and refer them to campus and community resources as
- Inform and advise prospective ERLI students regarding admission
and immigration process.
- Develop, promote, and implement pre-orientation and orientation
programs six times a year, both online and in-person.
- Serve as a program and administrative liaison with sponsoring
agencies, update sponsors regarding student progress.
- Serve as liaison between ERLI students and various ERAU
departments such as Student Health Services, International Student
and Scholar Services, International Admissions, and Records.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or field pertinent to work unit
and one year of directly related work experience;
- OR, four years of increasingly responsible
- OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when
interacting with people with varying English language levels and
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially
- Basic understanding of office equipment.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as
recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire, familiarity with
the roles and function of the assigned department, and any
specifically applicable laws or guidelines.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other similar databases; strong
computer and data management skills.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language; experience living
- Experience in program development and execution.
- Ability to drive large vehicles.
- To be considered, please include a resume and cover letter with