At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to
advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved
communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our
institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity
and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the
campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different
ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates
develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will
benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians,
health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a
“whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main
campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in
Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in
Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to
approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated
healthcare settings with other health professionals. At
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a
caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the
PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Associate Accountant position
at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate
Job Title: Associate Accountant
Department: Office of Finance Operations
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting and Finance, this position
is responsible for performing professional accounting, financial
analysis, and special projects in support of the overall fiscal
interest of the organization; serves as a technical resource to the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Compiling and reviewing financial information.
• Process and post journal entries.
• Preparing financial forms, documents, and reports.
• Assisting with the preparation of budgets and financial
• Assisting with tax filings, accounts receivables, accounts
payables, and payroll processing.
• Complying with federal, state, and local legal regulations and
• Maintaining records and filing systems.
• Answering and handling routing correspondence with clients.
• Performing other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related
field ( required )
• Critical thinker
• Professional manner
• Communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong background in financial reporting systems
• Strong Excel and MS Word skills
• Ability to research problems and develop solutions with minimal
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team with a flexible attitude.
• Motivated and capable of independent work.
• Discretion with regard to confidential information.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other legally protected class.