STAFF ASSISTANT - ADMISSIONS
- SUNY Broome Community College
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
SUNY Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college located in the scenic Southern Tier of New York. The College has over 7,700 students annually, and services over 6,100 students per semester in Liberal Arts, Business & Professional Studies, Health Sciences, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. An additional 1,600 students are served through the College's workforce and non-credit programs.
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking a full-time Staff Assistant that will report to the Director of Admissions and provide key support to the Admissions Department. The successful candidate must have strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills, and possess attention to detail with the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Trains and manages the Admissions Office "Student Ambassador Program" and Presidential Honors Scholarship volunteer hours.
- Reviews applications and other forms specific to the department/project and determines the appropriate action to take in accordance with specific college rules, and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Interviews and advises students and other interested parties concerning issues related to the specific department and student needs.
- Assists the Director in the development and implementation of orientations, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of promoting the department's services.
- Knowledgeable about the internal departments and external agencies that are available to assist students.
- Makes and follow-ups on referrals to ensure that the student's needs and program requirements are met.
- Supervises office procedures in the absence of the Director and/or Assistant Director as assigned.
- Work effectively in a service-oriented department with college employees, a diverse student population, and interested parties external to the college.
Experience with SLATE and Banner is strongly preferred. Availability and willingness to travel locally to high schools, college fairs, and county events during high recruitment periods necessary.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or the equivalent combination of education and work experience. Additional training and education in the applicable administrative field are desirable.
One (1) year of experience working in an educational institution or in a related administrative function is desired. Human Services experience or additional experience with any of the functional responsibilities of the position is preferred.
The salary minimum for this position is $45,869.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For full consideration, application materials must be received no later than Friday, April 14, 2023. SUNY Broome will continue to review and consider applications until this position is filled. Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references to:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert