Provides day-to-day administrative support to the department;
assists in maintaining records and systems; facilitates the
exchange of information and effectively promotes the department in
a variety of ways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the efficient utilization of the Executive’s time
through development and coordination of a complex calendar of
appointments, meetings, social engagements, and University and
community functions with individuals and groups.
- Promotes a positive image of the University by greeting and
receiving visitors to the department.
- Serves as a liaison between the Executive and other University
administrators and members of the Board of Trustees.
- Safeguards the confidentiality by exercising discretion in
communicating information to faculty, students, staff and the
various publics served by the University and in handling
administrative records, file, and similar confidential items.
- Coordinates the flow of incoming communications and outgoing
communications by receiving, routing, and/or responding to incoming
communications and determining the appropriate office, department,
or agency for outgoing communications.
- Assists in oversight functions by reviewing, monitoring, and
approving correspondence and documents prepared by other
- Provides essential compliance documentation, tracking and
reporting, to include Title IX, disability accommodations, general
compliance including student health insurance compliance,
immunization and vaccination student compliance, disciplinary
documentation, and confidential student matters including drug and
- Provides a comprehensive documentation system that is
confidential, and also easily accessed in order to respond to legal
issues, arbitration, and other essential compliance matters.
- May serve as event coordinator for various functions of the
- Facilitates efficient and cost-effective official travel for
the department by making travel arrangements and preparing
associated approval forms and expense reports for travelers.
- Provides information for reports and records through research,
data retrieval, compiling and/or tabulating statistics, and
organizing and presenting the information in useable and
- Prepares correspondence for distribution or approval and
signature, checking the documents for completeness and
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of,
respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of
other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by
performing other essential duties and responsibilities as
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Knowledge typically obtained through a bachelor's degree
- 4 years as an administrative assistant
- Demonstrated experience and success providing executive level
support to senior level management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success at the development and
communication of professional correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact
effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an
- Exhibits and applies critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with office automation
equipment, including phones, computers and related software,
including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated success in a
multi-task environment with attention to detail and follow
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!