Adjunct Faculty for BSN Clinical Teaching
- Randolph-Macon College
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Randolph-Macon College invites applications for adjunct faculty in the Department of Nursing to teach clinical during the 2022-23 academic year. For fall 2022 (September-December), we are hiring clinical adjunct faculty to provide clinical teaching in med/surg adult health. For spring 2023 (February-May), we are hiring clinical adjunct faculty to provide clinical teaching in med/surg adult health, fundamentals, and women’s health. All clinical experiences are in person in the metro Richmond and Fredericksburg region.
Adjunct faculty are an important part of our nurse faculty team in meeting the mission of our department, ‘to provide a transformative education grounded in the liberal arts to develop resilient nurse leaders prepared to practice innovatively within a dynamic healthcare environment.’ We are committed to orient, train, and support our adjunct faculty in his/her development as an adjunct faculty for clinical teaching.
The minimum adjunct faculty qualifications are: Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or multistate licensure, Virginia eligible; Minimal education preparation is a master's degree in nursing; and Clinical expertise in a specific clinical nursing area (medical/surgical, adult health, women’s health). Clinical teaching experience preferred.
The adjunct faculty in the Department of Nursing are required to:
- Supervise, evaluate and mentor students in the laboratory, simulation, and/or clinical settings to promote student success;
- Support the departmental mission centered on excellence in teaching and learning through quality clinical instruction;
- Communicate effectively with course coordinators, faculty, assistant director, and director to achieve course and clinical outcomes; and
- Demonstrate the core values of caring, civility, inclusivity, excellence, and integrity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert